Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I want to help a few of you out

Posted by on May. 18, 2013 at 11:45 AM
  • 21 Replies
5 moms liked this
I am currently 9 months pregnant. My fiancé and I were lucky enough to have three baby showers thrown by different sides of our families. Overkill much? The thought behind it was amazing, and obviously it meant a lot to us. However, we have WAY more than we are going to need. I don't have gift receipts to return anything, and frankly I would rather donate it.

So here's where I'm going with this. I have seen a lot of struggling young moms on this website, not just single moms, but families who have fell under hard times. It breaks my heart.

What I really want to do, is help a few of you out. If you're expecting a baby, or have a newborn at home, tell me your story. Everything I have is for a baby girl. I have extra of everything from clothes and swaddling blankets, to hooded towels and bottles. I want to pick a few people who really need the extra help, or if you know someone who does, let me know!

PLEASE be honest. I know free stuff is always nice but I really want this to go to someone who really needs it.

by on May. 18, 2013 at 11:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mlb456
by Member on May. 18, 2013 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this
I just want to say WOW you are really nice! i was/am a young mom and ive been threw plenty of my fair share of struggles and i was lucky enough for people to help me out with hand me down clothes dipars and other things and as my son grew outta things i would/still do give them away to people i know who needs a little exrta help. i hope who ever you choose to give things to really does need the help and wont lie on what they tell you its nice to know there are still some good people out there.. enjoy your baby girl they grow waaaayy to fast!!
kels1023
by on May. 18, 2013 at 12:13 PM
1 mom liked this
I just hope people are honest. But I guess even if they aren't, if they're lying to get free baby stuff they need it more than I do.

Quoting mlb456:

I just want to say WOW you are really nice! i was/am a young mom and ive been threw plenty of my fair share of struggles and i was lucky enough for people to help me out with hand me down clothes dipars and other things and as my son grew outta things i would/still do give them away to people i know who needs a little exrta help. i hope who ever you choose to give things to really does need the help and wont lie on what they tell you its nice to know there are still some good people out there.. enjoy your baby girl they grow waaaayy to fast!!
kitty8199
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2013 at 12:14 PM
That's super nice of you
idunno1234
by Member on May. 18, 2013 at 12:17 PM

I think that's great that you want to donate the stuff but I would suggest looking into your own community rather than on a cybercommunity because the need exists everywhere and you might as well start close to home. 

kels1023
by on May. 18, 2013 at 12:20 PM
Where I'm currently staying, is a tiny town in the middle of nowhere. It's one of those towns where I'm related to 80% of it, and 90% of the population is over 50 lol the closest grocery store is 40 minutes away, so as far as donating goes, I don't even know where I would start. We don't have a good will or anything like that

Quoting idunno1234:

I think that's great that you want to donate the stuff but I would suggest looking into your own community rather than on a cybercommunity because the need exists everywhere and you might as well start close to home. 

idunno1234
by Member on May. 18, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh...ok, lol.

Good luck.  I'm sure someone well deserving will benefit from your generosity.  Wish more people had that kind of compassion- it would sure make this world a better place.

Quoting kels1023:

Where I'm currently staying, is a tiny town in the middle of nowhere. It's one of those towns where I'm related to 80% of it, and 90% of the population is over 50 lol the closest grocery store is 40 minutes away, so as far as donating goes, I don't even know where I would start. We don't have a good will or anything like that

Quoting idunno1234:

mom2four518
by on May. 18, 2013 at 2:42 PM

I am done having children, but a church here is starting a home called Lifehouse, where single moms can go to get back on their feet.  The open house is this weekend and are still accepting donations for the moms as well as the house.  

They have a page on Facebook.  The Lifehouse 

mom2four518
by on May. 18, 2013 at 2:42 PM

This is very selfless of you 

a06z08mama
by on May. 18, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Have you thought about asking churches in surrounding communities? Then you know its going to someone who really needs it and not just lying?
mlb456
by Member on May. 18, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Thats ture but still sad if they do lie about it.. but once again its really nice of you to do that

Quoting kels1023:

I just hope people are honest. But I guess even if they aren't, if they're lying to get free baby stuff they need it more than I do.

Quoting mlb456:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)