Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

missing my husband.

Posted by on May. 18, 2013 at 9:10 PM
  • 9 Replies

He's been gone all week because I had kicked him out. I think we need to be separated but I get missing him soooo bad that when he comes back I just say "move back in" and kiss him all over even if he treats me like crap. :( I need to be strong next time but at the same time I miiiiiss him, his hugs, and kisses, and company, his jokes, etc. :)

by on May. 18, 2013 at 9:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Bellmont
by on May. 18, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Why did you kick him out

ilovemydarlins
by on May. 18, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Because he keeps leaving us. When she was a year old he got in with his old "friends" and left to go out drinking and smoking pot, then we were doing good but we moved out into the same neighborhood and it has been the same thing, leaving, not telling me where he is, not calling, etc. And I got sick of it. That's half of it at least

virginiamama71
by Carrie on May. 18, 2013 at 11:15 PM

If how he mistreats you outweighs how you should be treated, than you have to decide if its worth to keep letting him come back to only end up doing the same thing. 

Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 8:45 AM
4 moms liked this
Do you miss him or the idea you have in your head about the family you wish you had with him? Not sure why you'd miss a loser like you described.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 19, 2013 at 11:59 AM

You were with him for awhile you are getting seperated for a reason.  The feelings that brought you together and kept you together wont disapear over night.  If this is truly what is best for you and your children then you need to stay strong.  You don't need a man in your life if it's not a good one.

ilovemydarlins
by on May. 19, 2013 at 12:56 PM

I know, Thanks for the reminder! :)

proudmomncna87
by on May. 19, 2013 at 3:30 PM

I understand its much easier when thier away to get over them and went u see them or kids say something u miss them, i been thier but over time it got easier for me and now im ok with it, just have to fight threw this and have break downs when u can)with kids you dont have much time for mama), but it a painful thing and u deal alone mostly but dont let it get the best of you . I let me get the best of me were i just cried and my mom had to take care of my kid mostly due to depression i made myself so try not to let it get to you

heretolisten
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Quoting Andrewsmom70:

Do you miss him or the idea you have in your head about the family you wish you had with him? Not sure why you'd miss a loser like you described.

This is usually the root of missing someone.  It's not fun being alone.  I know when SD was back in my life for a brief time, once he up and walked out, I missed him so much.  But the reality was....aside from having the "mother -father-baby talk/share moments" (biological chatter ..."he looks like you when he does that .. he's got your eyes, etc".  I knew that just about any man could give me what I was acutally missing (the companionship)....but I also knew that it wasn't going to be easy..if at all possible, to find that man and that's a hard pill to swallow sometimes.  Thing is, I dont' miss the lying, the emotional and psychological abuse and the disrespect that he brought into my life and expected me to tolerate (and influence my son with ...)  

In your case, you're married.  He needs to get into rehab.  His behavior is directly connected to substance abuse.  Bottom line.  He's not rational because he's using and it taints the rational mind and impacts mood and emotions.  

Robsessed98
by on May. 19, 2013 at 6:09 PM
If he treats you that bad, the last thing to do is let him come back. You will get over missing him in time. However, your dd will not get over her mother teaching her it's ok to let a man treat her like shit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)