Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

didn't see this coming

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 12:02 AM
  • 14 Replies
So I mostly wanted to know if it would be ok or how this would go. So since my dad brought his friend from work over I have been dumb struck for this guy like seriously like this guy. He is close to my age so that isn't an issue and he adores my son. I've also overhearx convos between my dad and step mom and they like him alot as a person and such. I noticed he does get really shy anytime i'm around and he knows it, he also turns red at times sooo good sign? Haven't dated in so long now and I didn't plan to at all but something about this man makes me want to know him. Idk how my dad would feel about it but I think he might already notice it
by on May. 19, 2013 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GoldenLinds
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 12:08 AM
2 moms liked this
So take some initiative and take some notice. It doesnt have to be sexual or flirty at first at all. Just start a friendship.
victoriangavin
by on May. 19, 2013 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this

I'll try next time if I get the opportunity to. Last time he was here I got to talk to him a little bit. My best bet would probably be to tell my step mom so she can help since my dad hoards people.

Quoting GoldenLinds:

So take some initiative and take some notice. It doesnt have to be sexual or flirty at first at all. Just start a friendship.

LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 19, 2013 at 12:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Give it a go.  Doesn't hurt to try

CafeMom Tickers

victoriangavin
by on May. 19, 2013 at 1:16 PM
I'm scared for ds to get attached. He gets attached to people easy and doesn't forget easy
MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Start up some conversations and see how it goes, no harm in talking and getting to know eachother better.  Since he is already coming around the house to see your dad it is innocent enough and shouldn't have too much of an impact on your ds.  Just take it slow and steady, there is no need to rush.

proudmomncna87
by on May. 19, 2013 at 3:37 PM

i start as just talking like as friends maybe with your dad thier at first, work your way up to alone with him like date or just talking without family around and see where it goes but i def go for it and never know could be the one or a bust but dont know unless you try

victoriangavin
by on May. 20, 2013 at 11:36 AM

I wish he would come over again soon. Idk when he will, they work together, they are both welders and my dad is teaching me how to weld soooo maybe that could be my leg in so to speak

newlife2013
by on May. 20, 2013 at 2:16 PM
You can keep trying to talk to him but keep the time if you do go out without your child, they don't need to meet anyone unless its really serious.
victoriangavin
by on May. 20, 2013 at 2:25 PM

I know that but ds met him the same day I did at home

Quoting newlife2013:

You can keep trying to talk to him but keep the time if you do go out without your child, they don't need to meet anyone unless its really serious.

newlife2013
by on May. 20, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Ok I thought he would, I meant more like if you do go out the child doesn't need to go along in case it doesn't work out, let this person keep being grandpa's friend until you are sure but best of luck.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)