Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

what's my rights?

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 12:51 AM
  • 6 Replies
so i told my ex he could have the kids Tuesday/Wednesday and Saturdays and i get them Saturday nights. well he with out my permission decided to keep the kids over night.he refuses to communicate with me. i had filed the divorce papers Thursday and we have our first court appearance June 21. anything i can do until then?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 19, 2013 at 12:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 12:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Not really. You are both legally parents until the custody arrangement is finalized. It won't look good for him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIMIBRIE
by Jayme on May. 19, 2013 at 10:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't think so. I'm sorry it sucks. I've heard of it happening alot though. Just keep any and all records of what the agreement was and see if that helps you any. How old are they? Is there anywhere they could be that you could just take them back? That sounds harsh but they're your kids too kwim?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_2_be_2010
by Silver Member on May. 19, 2013 at 10:45 AM
No
LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 19, 2013 at 10:55 AM

you need a court order or nothing is set in stone

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on May. 19, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Until things are court ordered, he is just as legally able to keep them as you are.  (((hug)))

just4ds10ee
by Bronze Member on May. 19, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Since he is not even communicating now...be sure you get a very detailed parenting plan that spells out who gets the children and when especially for holidays, spring/summer breaks, who gets primary physical custody ; sole or joint legal custody and how disagreements are handled ...what happens if one parent decides to move and how far you are allowed to move without needing permission from the courts...who is responsible for who transports the children for the visitation and specific times, etc...and remember visitaion and child support are two separate issues that need to be addressed....unfortunately right now he has just as much right as you as to when he keeps the kids ...whew I know that was a mouthful!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN