Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Woohoo, we've decided to file for divorce

Posted by on May. 19, 2013 at 7:40 AM
  • 5 Replies

So while we have only been separated for six months as of now, it will be official that my mariage is over.Next month I turn forty. I have a teenage daughter and a pre-teen son. Please tell me that there will be more for me than being their mom only for the rest of my life!!! What to do next?

Michelle

Stay the Course, Do What Feels Right

by on May. 19, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
heavenly1462
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Yes! Pick up some new hobbies, go out and meet new friends and have fun! After my divorce, I taught myself how to make specialty cakes and also refinish old furniture. You have to just keep busy with your kids and doing the things you love to do! In time, I am sure you will meet a wonderful man! Sorry to hear about your marriage ending.
camelia40
by on May. 19, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Thank you, It's weird. I was ready for this after the limbo and his back and forth dance, but now that we have both said it, I am in pain again. This was never supposed to happen. You never think on your wedding day that one day, you will be signing divorce papers. Oh well, time to put my shoes on and get going, right? I want a new place for my children and I and a fresh start to go with it! 

Michelle

Stay the Course, Do What Feels Right

virginiamama71
by Carrie on May. 19, 2013 at 10:04 AM
None of us see a divorce we all want to have a happy ending marriage. But in reality marriages do fail and we try all we can to keep it together but it happens. You are a Mother for the rest of your life but that does not mean as Mothers we cannot have hobbies, friends and dreams. Stay strong and believe me it gets better with each day.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 19, 2013 at 10:56 AM

good luck! 

MomAmy77
by Member on May. 19, 2013 at 11:03 AM
1 mom liked this

My divorce was final in December . It was scary but well needed . I am truly finding myself and learning to be a single mother . It hasn't always been a load of fun but wouldn't change anything . Learning life is to short and trying to do the things I always put on the back burner . I'm trying to find and love me for today . You will be fine and what doesn't kill us makes us stronger

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)