Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

That's NOT creepy!

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:46 AM
  • 17 Replies

Ugh... can't believe my ex.

I sent him an email the other day informing him of our new address (he likes to send cards and gifts to the kids on occasion).  He texted me back later saying that it looks like a nice house/neighborhood.  Turns out he googled it (and there are pics of the inside of the house on the internet still).  

Yeah, that skeeved me out.  

Has your ex done anything like this?  What creepy things has he done?

by on May. 20, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deltathree
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 11:53 AM

ICK!  I wouldn't like that.

KPBMom
by Member on May. 20, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm a realtor.  It would be the first thing I did.  I'd want to know the environment my kids were in.  I don't think it's creepy at all....

krisnkids
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I did the same thing to my ex when he moved, I sent him pics of the new house when we moved. To me its more about giving the other parent a sense of security on how the child will be living.

steviechick
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 1:01 PM

My ex has creeped us out already.  He simply showed up at our daughter's graduation when he was deployed in Kuwait.  His tramp had emergency surgery (tubal ligation) a week before our daughter's graduation and was recouping in the hospital.  He received family leave so that's why he was in town.  I found this out after the graduation.  He called my ex-FIL and explained why he was mysteriously there.  Luckily he stayed at bay (25' away) the entire time we were gathering with friends and family after the event.  The parking lot is huge.  Why he didn't bother to try and let me know he was going to show up is beyond me. 

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I guess it just felt creepy in the way that it made me feel like he doesn't trust me.  Seriously, the man moved out of state for a job (yes, he chose the job over his kids) and he thinks that I can't pick a decent place for the kids to live?  Argh!

Quoting KPBMom:

I'm a realtor.  It would be the first thing I did.  I'd want to know the environment my kids were in.  I don't think it's creepy at all....

krisnkids
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Some exes are morons. Mine is the opposite, when he moved cross country (away from the kids) he called me and asked me to help him find a house.

Quoting amonkeymom:

I guess it just felt creepy in the way that it made me feel like he doesn't trust me.  Seriously, the man moved out of state for a job (yes, he chose the job over his kids) and he thinks that I can't pick a decent place for the kids to live?  Argh!

Quoting KPBMom:

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Ugh!  I hope you told him "Sorry, I'm not your wife/girlfriend anymore.  You can grow up and do it yourself!"  

Quoting krisnkids:

Some exes are morons. Mine is the opposite, when he moved cross country (away from the kids) he called me and asked me to help him find a house.

Quoting amonkeymom:

Quoting KPBMom:

maddiemommy2009
by on May. 20, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Why is that creepy I would have done the same thing .....
shelady99
by on May. 20, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Well I moved recently...told my ex the new address because he was picking them up...and he says oh I knew the address already. He found out on his own in 3 days....thats creepy. And I catch him riding past sometimes.
sid1083
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2013 at 2:17 AM
I'm not worried about my ex doing creepy things, it's their current choice of women that's always the concern. Nothing like being stalked by another woman (blech!).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)