Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

having a baby boy, with no daddy

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 1:23 PM
  • 18 Replies

I have a little girl but, I'm pregnant with a boy and for now the dad isn't in the picture. I'm sure he will be but, not with me. I'm freaking out, I don't want our son to grow up to be all feminine or something. (There's nothing wrong with it but you know) I just want to raise him right, I'm freaking out!

by on May. 20, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
soulofsunmama
by on May. 20, 2013 at 1:25 PM
1 mom liked this
To be all feminine? Say what??? Why would you even think *that*? Strange.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krisnkids
by Gold Member on May. 20, 2013 at 1:28 PM

Paranoid much?

A child is going to grow up how they choose to grow up, feminine or masculine. Who raises the child has nothing to do with it. If a grandparent raises a child does that mean that the child will act older?

virginiamama71
by Carrie on May. 20, 2013 at 1:34 PM

many women have raised sons on their own and this concern did not come up.

samantha.kreuze
by on May. 20, 2013 at 1:45 PM

little boys will be little boys, my son is totally a boy and he has no daddy his sd left before he was born, yes boys will like girly things like dolls sometimes which is ok. my4 year old brother has a baby boy doll because me and my mother both had babies around the same time so he would feed his baby when our real babies were hungry it was cute! if your father is in the picture i would try to have him around him as much as he can, my father watches my son when i go to work for like 2 hours before my mother comes home. my son calls my dad dada but its to be expected, its kinda like having a man figure in your sons life until you find that special someone. word of advice dont jump from man to man i had someone until my son was 6 months old (not his sd) and when he left because he couldn't handele being a daddy me son showed signs of remembering him for about 3 to 4 weeks. that can be hard on a baby.  

quickbooksworm
by Bronze Member on May. 20, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Is this a troll post?  Seriously, the president of the US was raised by a single mother.  Do you think he's all feminine?

Pink.Sunshine.
by on May. 20, 2013 at 1:54 PM

weird

ilovemydarlins
by on May. 20, 2013 at 3:11 PM
2 moms liked this

Now I'm really worried! THE PRESIDENT IS A MORON HAHAHA

ilovemydarlins
by on May. 20, 2013 at 3:12 PM

Okay okay, I'm paranoid and weird...you guys don't have to yell. :)

Robsessed98
by on May. 21, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Welcome to the group. Too feminine? There's absolutely no reason to even think that, let alone freak out. Living with a mom and sister will not cause it, unless you opt to raise him like a girl. Out of parenting concerns, that one is pretty much at the bottom of the list. Relax.
tyfry7496
by Janet on May. 21, 2013 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I did. My son is almost 17 years old. He's not all feminine and stuff. He's very well adjusted, polite, respectful, loving, and caring. He had positive male influence through coaches, teachers and uncles. My neighbors even took him under their wings.

I had more important things to worry about than the feminine things. Never crossed my mind.

Quoting virginiamama71:

many women have raised sons on their own and this concern did not come up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)