Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

My 18 month old is gonna have an MRI...

Posted by on May. 20, 2013 at 11:58 PM
  • 6 Replies
My 18 month old will be getting an MRI soon cause she has left side weakness and still isn't standing up or walking... She was just diagnosed with high functioning autism on Wednesday my question is how will they put her to sleep for the MRI will it be by gas or through an iv...?
by on May. 20, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
heretolisten
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2013 at 1:37 AM
1 mom liked this

IV.    Stay strong momma and I hope everything goes well. 

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2013 at 1:37 PM
1 mom liked this

They will likely use an IV.

I hope they're able to find a cause for what's going on.

Have you been over to the Autism group here?  It's really great, you should check it out.

LauraMH
by on May. 21, 2013 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Sorry mama :(  I know how hard that is. My dd has been put under 8 (maybe 9) times and it can be scary. They have only used gas on her once. At that age they will most likely do IV sedation. They will probably give her a medicine called Versed before hand. It makes my DD laugh :) but it is just to calm them down. Don't stress over it too much (I know that is easier said than done), She will be in good hands. Keep us updated!

Robsessed98
by on May. 21, 2013 at 2:16 PM
1 mom liked this
IV. I know its scary but it is safe and she will be fine. Talk it through with them beforehand and have them explain it all. Hope they find the problem.
neveragain17
by Member on May. 21, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Thanks everyone I'm dreading this but I know they don't put kids under for fun lol well ill let everyone know what happens ...!
KPBMom
by on May. 21, 2013 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this

With my DD they initially put her under with gas and then did the IV.  She was absolutely fine afterwards. She just peed like a racehorse from all the fluids they gave her!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)