Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Anyone with a secret crush?

Posted by on May. 21, 2013 at 4:34 PM
  • 11 Replies

I work as a cashier at a grocery store and there isthis guy that is a bagger and he's pretty cool. All the time that I have been working alongside him and conversating with him I never really noticed him in that way until recently. He is not someone that I would have dated or even been interested in. But I started noticing that he has this very sweet and kind personality that I love. He is very helpful and whenever he is asked to do something he gets it done and is always looking to help others. He talks about his family a lot and I started noticing that we have quite a bit in common. So now I always ask how his family is doing because he is very close with them. Well during the time that I didn't quite notice him in that way I learned that he lives alone, is close with his family, is single, likes sports and a lot more. He was even excited about adopting a dog one time and told me that he had to go through this process before he could bring it home. When he finally got the dog he showed me pictures and was very happy about it. All of a sudden I am realizing that I have always been attracted to his personality and now some things about his looks as well. I'm not all crazy about him in that way just kind of wonder sometimes how it would be to hang out with him. This is my first time ever being attracted to a guys personality before his looks. So even though I will not tell him this I tend to now find more things to talk about whenever we work together. Honestly I am not interested in a relationship right now so I will just keep it a secret. I'm kind of thinking about waiting until I am ready to date again and then asking for his number. I know that I risk the chance of rejection but I'm a big girl I can handle that. If anything I would just continue enjoying our conversations at work and leave it at that. I wouldn't dare say anything to anyone else about it because its not even that serious. I don't share anything with them anyways. Please share with me what would you do in a situation like this.

by on May. 21, 2013 at 4:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on May. 21, 2013 at 6:59 PM

He sounds like a good guy to have for a friend so thats what I would try to be and see how it goes.

rocky_mtn_mama
by Member on May. 22, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I agree with this.

Quoting virginiamama71:

He sounds like a good guy to have for a friend so thats what I would try to be and see how it goes.

steviechick
by on May. 22, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Crushes should be on the down-low until you know that he likes you in return.  Just keep being friendly and see if he asks you out.

SomethingSoReal
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Yesterday we were talking about movies and he mentioned that this one movie that he saw and really likes is going to have a second part to it. So I told him that I would watch it when it comes out and let him know what I thought. Do you think that if I say something like "hey let me know when you are going to see it and if I am not busy I could meet you up at theater"- do you think that this would be coming on a bit too much. I am not too sure of how to start a friendship with him outside of work. Is it too much for me to ask him for his number? Or should I just not say anything at all? How do I let him know that I would like to get to know him outside of work but not show that I am feeling him in that kind of way? He is also going to England next week to be in his brother's wedding. He told me about the long flight and that he will be gone for 2 weeks. Should I just say "have a nice flight"?

MamaHens3
by on May. 23, 2013 at 4:33 PM

Ask him for his #, talk to him as friends and for sure show you care. Keep you liking him under your hat for real, let it build and maybe he feel the same yet doesn't want to say anything either. Wish him a good, safe trip and when he gets back ask him about it. :) If people are single, female and males can honestly just be friends an not be more. Be a friend first, and see where it goes. 

First steps in most secessful relationships, or ones that make it is some friendship I have finally learned sadly. I learned that, my 9 year courtship with my now XDH wasn't ever friends. We were physially attracted at first, an that wore off with time and we jumped into family not even long after with a pregnancy6 months into dating. I became friends with my now bf, two yrs ago and we were a friends with yet friends none the less. Time went on, wks turned into months and friendship turned into something more. I've been with him serious about a year, and we were a year figuring us out yet knew we were friends. 

Robsessed98
by on May. 23, 2013 at 4:46 PM
I'd pursue the friendship first and take it from there.
SomethingSoReal
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Ok. I understand to pursue the friendship first but how do I go about doing that? Do I just keep doing what I am doing and have conversations with him at work?

virginiamama71
by Carrie on May. 23, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Just be a friend....he is leaving for his brother's wedding in England. Wish him a safe journey and than say you will want to know all about England when he gets back.

When he gets back, ask about his trip, England, and let him share what he wants. 

SomethingSoReal
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Ok. Thanks.

My3LuVs83
by on May. 23, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Same thing is happening to me with a guy at work. I'm a cashier and he's a supervisor from another department but every now and then we interact and work along side. At first I was just attracted to his looks a little but it wasn't a big deal. Then as time went by I started to admire his quality of work and how he goes out of his way to do a job that another would just delegate. We never spoke because I was always too nervous around him (I still am). So one day I just looked at him and smiled then he walked over and started talking to me. I honestly know nothing about him, I'm too nervous to ask him about anything other than work related stuff. I don't even know if he's single or not. So for now my little crush is just a secret for me. Not even my best coworker friend knows.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN