Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

My teen is now a single mom

Posted by on May. 22, 2013 at 3:28 PM
  • 10 Replies

shruggingso my teen has a 4 month old little boy and the teen father doesn't want to be involved. should i go to the other family members and see if they feel the same way?  and did i mention he want to keep the baby a secret from his family what to do ?

by on May. 22, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gyael
by on May. 22, 2013 at 3:36 PM
1 mom liked this
I was 17 when I got pregnant 18 a month into it... my sons father kept it from his family till I was like 4 or 5 months pregnant. Some guys just don't know how to tell family. But if the baby is 4 months old talk to your daughter see if she even wants the guy involved, like is he into bad things?... other than that if the dad is on the birth certificate put child support. And I think whatever she decides his family has a right to know if you were the grandma on the other side wouldn't you want to know?
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on May. 22, 2013 at 3:57 PM

Welcome!

I'd definitely talk to the boy's parents, they may wish to be a part of their grandchild's life.

Robsessed98
by on May. 26, 2013 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this
My 17 y/o has a 7 mo old son but thankfully her bf has been there 100% and they are doing great, but it's not easy. Personally, I would be heartbroken if I found out my ds had a bang and wasn't given the option to be a g'ma. Idc what that boy thinks or wants, his family has every right to know and be given the chance to participate. Your dd also needs to file for custody and make him pay the child support the dad owes.
Kazmira222
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2013 at 9:29 PM
I say if the father doesn't wanna be involved then he no longer exists in their lives. Although, I would want the other side of the family to know regardless.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cupcake_mom
by on May. 26, 2013 at 9:31 PM
This

Quoting Robsessed98:

My 17 y/o has a 7 mo old son but thankfully her bf has been there 100% and they are doing great, but it's not easy. Personally, I would be heartbroken if I found out my ds had a bang and wasn't given the option to be a g'ma. Idc what that boy thinks or wants, his family has every right to know and be given the chance to participate. Your dd also needs to file for custody and make him pay the child support the dad owes.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 27, 2013 at 9:16 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome even if the ex doesn't want to the family should be given the opportunity
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katfeemom
by Member on Jun. 8, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Teen father does not want to be involved.

HE wants to keep the baby a secret from his family, and the kids already 4 months old, he has no intentions of telling them.

Get ready for LOTS of denial, ('Not OUR son, he would NEVER do that', 'Your daugther is a slut and we DEMAND a paternity test').

But still, I would tell them. and I would collect on C/S from him.  

ame4c
by on Jun. 8, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Unfortunately, I agree. But his parents need to know. At least give them the chance to step up and be grandparents. This kid needs to step up and take care of his child too. I agree with her getting CS from him and if she needs public assistance, they will make her go after him anyway.
Quoting katfeemom:

Teen father does not want to be involved.

HE wants to keep the baby a secret from his family, and the kids already 4 months old, he has no intentions of telling them.

Get ready for LOTS of denial, ('Not OUR son, he would NEVER do that', 'Your daugther is a slut and we DEMAND a paternity test').

But still, I would tell them. and I would collect on C/S from him.  

rachel216
by Member on Jun. 8, 2013 at 9:21 PM
As a teen mom I was 17 now 22 and yes I would go to the dads family and ask if they want to be involved and also tell them their son doesn't want to b there for his son! But I would also make your dd make that decision. If they don't want to be involed then it's their loss. However I'm also all for you taking him to court and getting to trying child support.
vbway
by Member on Jun. 8, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Yes, they should know. Your daughter should tell them and then go down and file for childsupport. 

The grandparents may want to be involved, which may include occasional babysitting. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)