Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

My weight

Posted by on May. 22, 2013 at 7:46 PM
  • 10 Replies
I had my son almost 3 years ago an I can not lose weight I've tried a lot of things an I just stay the same weight . Unless I gain weight an I do I watch what I eat an eat healthy drink lots of water but I still put on weight an when I do gain weight it all goes to my stomach no where else
by on May. 22, 2013 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2013 at 10:59 PM
Start by writing down EVERYTHING you eat and drink for a few days. It may surprise you to see it all in writing.

Start walking for exercise.

How big are the portions you are eating?
MIMIBRIE
by Jayme on May. 23, 2013 at 12:53 AM
Same here mama! I'm thinking its having to do with my BC because I'm still nursing and haven't lost anything so far.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heretolisten
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 1:58 AM

You're not alone.  I did shed all the baby weight plus 3 lbs within the first 18 months post pardum, but then it all started to come back on again and I'm up 30 lbs from my lowest within the last year. My son is almost three.  I am under a lot of stress and get very little sleep.  Doesn't matter if I starve or binge, I'm almost perpetual motion and yet the weight keeps sticking with me.  I associate it all to the sleep deprivation and stress.  I look at pics of some friends when their kids were in that 2-3 year age group and for the most part, they all packed on the pounds during that age range.  Must be something to do with terrible twos. LOL    

maddiemommy2009
by on May. 23, 2013 at 8:37 AM
My daughter is almost 4 and I still look like I'm pregnant lol I know how you feel ..just stick to diet and exercise dont give up..... when I had my baby I was 220 now I'm 153lbs it took me years to lose those lbs when it only take some people a couple months ..... with all the diet and exercise I still can't get rid of my belly fat and love handles its stresses me out most times but I'm not giving up next year summer I will be wearing a 2 piece for the first time lol .......

You have to do both diet and exercise u can't do one with out the other
steviechick
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I used to battle between a size 10 and a size 12.  I knew I wanted to stay a size 10 but had to give up eating certain things like carbs.  Sweets are my worst enemy.  I gave it up completely over three years ago and dropped from a size 14 to a size 6 within a year.  My comfort level is a size 10 which I'm trying to get back to right now.

lydi
by Lydi on May. 23, 2013 at 1:55 PM

I gave up dairy. I only eat bread and carb products that are whole grain or that have extra fiber.  No red meat and larger portions of veggies and fruits.  Smaller portions with extra water. I also don't eat artificial anything.  I walk and play just dance wii.  any extra exercise i can get like parking at the end of parking lots i will do.   I lost half of my weight loss due to this (the other half I was sick)  but I have lost 90 pounds.  Good Luck. 

Kazmira222
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2013 at 2:04 PM
I'm in the same boat 😕altho my son is only nearly 5 months now, but after having him I was 151. I've been tryin to exercise and watch my eating habits, heck I even tried diet pills and nothings working.. Now I'm almost 160 lbs and I am not so happy about it. It looks like I'm partially pregnant again too 😑 I just can't seem to figure anything out. I feel like I've tried everything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shannonlynnnn
by on May. 23, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Before I had my son I weighted 130 an now I'm almost 200 pounds an I look prego still I just ran for 15 mins an ill do some later on tonight but my weight will stay the same

Quoting Kazmira222:

I'm in the same boat 😕altho my son is only nearly 5 months now, but after having him I was 151. I've been tryin to exercise and watch my eating habits, heck I even tried diet pills and nothings working.. Now I'm almost 160 lbs and I am not so happy about it. It looks like I'm partially pregnant again too 😑 I just can't seem to figure anything out. I feel like I've tried everything.

teamwilson
by Member on May. 23, 2013 at 9:54 PM
Have you tried contracting your stomach muscles and holding them thru out the day? Not sucking your stomach in. Just keeping the muscles there tight may help to target the area :-) good luck
Robsessed98
by on May. 26, 2013 at 8:34 PM
Have you had your thyroid checked? Alot of women's metabolism slows down after giving birth. There are so many factors its hard to pin down why you can't lose. If its a real issue for you, talk to your Dr about it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)