Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scared to get out of my comfort zone

Posted by on May. 23, 2013 at 1:08 PM
  • 5 Replies

I have been comtemplating leaving my daytime M-F job to focus more on my SAH business.  I feel that by staying at my low paying day job that I am holding myself back from something that could ultimately make me that much happier.  I think a big part of me is scared of failing?  I do have a night job as a bartender that I make most of my money at.

Do I make that leap and hope that I can make a go of it or do I just hold on to what I have and try and reorganize my life to do while I am working 2 jobs and raising a kid?

by on May. 23, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lydi
by Lydi on May. 23, 2013 at 1:35 PM

I would say give it a try.  You never know what greatness your business could have.

krisnkids
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2013 at 2:03 PM

I say go for it. 3 1/2 years ago I left a well paying government job in California for nothing in Kentucky other than the desire to leave and knowing that Kentucky would be a better place to raise my children. I have never regretted it, there have been some tough times but I am not in a good state job with incredible benefits and y children are thriving.

steviechick
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Quoting krisnkids:

I say go for it. 3 1/2 years ago I left a well paying government job in California for nothing in Kentucky other than the desire to leave and knowing that Kentucky would be a better place to raise my children. I have never regretted it, there have been some tough times but I am not in a good state job with incredible benefits and y children are thriving.

I didn't know you lived in KY, too.  ; )

I say go for it as well.  You don't know if you don't try and if it doens't work out you can always go back to bartending. 

MamaHens3
by Martica on May. 23, 2013 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this

You said you make most at the bar at night, so hey the M-F job would be a relief odds are. Take a chance, you got the idea and you know what your going to do with your own business. You have the confidence to do this, know you got a good idea don't have doubt. You can do this momma! :) 

Robsessed98
by on May. 23, 2013 at 4:52 PM
1 mom liked this
If you have a chance at making a go of it, by all means try it. Getting out of your comfort zone and taking a shot at what you want is absolutely a good thing. If you don't, you'll be stuck wondering what if...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)