Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

any moms in the military?

Posted by on May. 23, 2013 at 1:50 PM
  • 21 Replies
Ok so I have a friend who just told me she got a job to watch someone baby from Friday to sunday...
I ask her who leaves there baby with a stranger other than family for the whole weekend...
She said the mother is in the military and needs a weekend babysitter.....don't the military have some type arrangement for mothers and there kids ????
by on May. 23, 2013 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
krisnkids
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2013 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope, the arrangement is that a single mother or a dual military household must have a parenting plan for who the children are to stay with in case of a deployment etc. There are daycares on base, but those are open only during the week and usually have long wait lists. There are military ceritified home care providers that do have hours on the weekends.

steviechick
by on May. 23, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Quoting krisnkids:

Nope, the arrangement is that a single mother or a dual military household must have a parenting plan for who the children are to stay with in case of a deployment etc. There are daycares on base, but those are open only during the week and usually have long wait lists. There are military ceritified home care providers that do have hours on the weekends.

Interesting.  I didn't know that. 

maddiemommy2009
by on May. 23, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Ok I just thought it was weird to leave ur child and a babysitter house every weekend .......
evolove
by on May. 23, 2013 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Yea it sucks! They're trying to kick me out because my short term sitter fell through and I haven't found anyone reliable enough for my kids yet. It's a pain in the ass but there is a lot of training we cannot miss.

mrsary
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2013 at 6:43 PM
I 2nd this. I have to leave my kids with sitters all the time for crazy duty hours. Its the norm. I've been in over 10 years and single parenting 8 years of that time. care.com and sittercity.com are my best friends!

Quoting evolove:

Yea it sucks! They're trying to kick me out because my short term sitter fell through and I haven't found anyone reliable enough for my kids yet. It's a pain in the ass but there is a lot of training we cannot miss.

mrsary
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2013 at 6:44 PM
I will never understand the on post daycare hours! Smh.

Quoting krisnkids:

evolove
by on May. 23, 2013 at 6:49 PM

See now I've tried Care.com now and NO ONE is able to help me in my area. I've finally posted on craigslist but once I ask to meet the person they flake out on me. I finally have an interview set up for tomorrow since the kids still have school and I'm off and I'm REALLY hoping she holds up and works out.

Quoting mrsary:

I 2nd this. I have to leave my kids with sitters all the time for crazy duty hours. Its the norm. I've been in over 10 years and single parenting 8 years of that time. care.com and sittercity.com are my best friends!

Quoting evolove:

krisnkids
by Gold Member on May. 23, 2013 at 7:05 PM
Have you moms tried the home daycare providers?
mrsary
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2013 at 7:18 PM
The craigslist people always flaked on me. Found their permanent sitter on care.com some years ago.

Quoting evolove:

See now I've tried Care.com now and NO ONE is able to help me in my area. I've finally posted on craigslist but once I ask to meet the person they flake out on me. I finally have an interview set up for tomorrow since the kids still have school and I'm off and I'm REALLY hoping she holds up and works out.

Quoting mrsary:

Quoting evolove:

mrsary
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2013 at 7:19 PM
Yes. I put them to use too. I usually opt out of them because of their structure. I usually need someone more flexible.

Quoting krisnkids:

Have you moms tried the home daycare providers?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN