Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

anybody wanna do this challenge official thread for the single moms group :) update

Posted by on May. 23, 2013 at 5:37 PM
  • 13 Replies
1 mom liked this
It's called the 52 week money challenge here's the link

http://stuckathomemom.com/52-week-money-challenge/the-52-week-money-challenge-you-game/

You don't have to put all of your money in at once just a lil a week use a mason jar and hide it from yourself so you don't get into the jar i'm hiding my jar in the back of the toilet lol

I'm making this the official 52 week money challenge thread for the single moms group if anyone wants to join in they are more than welcome i'm starting may 31, 2013

Update

Ladies i went to michael's yesterday and picked up a huge jar it was $3.29 i had $5 left out of the money my dad sent home(yes he sends me money when he sends it to one he sends it to all of us) so i dropped it in.....that'll be all until friday :) This is gonna be difficult because i'm used to spending money lol
by on May. 23, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sdjennv
by on May. 24, 2013 at 4:02 AM

. I don't know if I'll be able to keep up completely (ie $52 on week 52), but as I'm a SAHM, 38 weeks pregnant, and getting ready to divorce stbx after the baby's born,  this seems like a great idea. I'm in!

mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 6:00 AM
It's ok i just put what ever you have in......my daughter will be getting the change and i'll be putting up the dollars lol best of luck with your divorce and congrats on baby

Quoting sdjennv:

. I don't know if I'll be able to keep up completely (ie $52 on week 52), but as I'm a SAHM, 38 weeks pregnant, and getting ready to divorce stbx after the baby's born,  this seems like a great idea. I'm in!

Robsessed98
by on May. 24, 2013 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this
It's a great idea, but I can't hide money. I've tried too many times in too many ways...
mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Lol

Quoting Robsessed98:

It's a great idea, but I can't hide money. I've tried too many times in too many ways...
AhDrah
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Oh this is neat!  I want to do it!

mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Well this challenge starts may 31, 2013 you are more than welcome to start then too

Quoting AhDrah:

Oh this is neat!  I want to do it!

thatonemomof2
by Member on May. 24, 2013 at 8:27 PM
I'm in!
virginiamama71
by Carrie on May. 24, 2013 at 8:33 PM
I am already doing this with my son. I take him to the bank once a month or every other month, and he deposits it into his savings account. He has enough now to buy a Nook. :-) I tried to do it for myself using $5 bills. I pay cash for a lot of things and when I get change back, any $5 bills I put away. Only place I could think was in the inside zipper part of my purse. It was to be for emergencies and it was easier to get to if I was away from home and needed something. I had gotten up to $75, and an emergency came up. Now back to starting all over again.
mommy_2_be_2010
by Bronze Member on May. 24, 2013 at 9:40 PM
The more the merrier :)

Quoting thatonemomof2:

I'm in!
LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 26, 2013 at 10:14 AM
Part of my check goes into my savings and DS's what I don't see I don't miss
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)