Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

read this

Posted by on May. 25, 2013 at 4:34 AM
  • 40 Replies
Here's my story. Okay I told you guys how I wanted to leave my sons father etc. And I did. I packed up moved out, but didn't file for custody because we had made a verbal agreement with no disagreements. Silly me! So my sons father takes my son and refuses to give him back to me. I call the police they tell me there's nothing they can do. I freak out. At the end of that day he texts me to come get my son, I go to the location and we get into an argument becuase he won't give him to me! He pushes me I grab him, he gets a scratch, calls the police, I soend a week in jail for domestic violence! Get out of jail to a restraining order and bim telling me I can't see my son until the court orders him too and he's filing for full cusfodh and wants xhild support etc. He put my son on formula and started him on baby food and is leaving him with people I don't even know. I feel like I'm going crazy and I haven't stopped crying. Is there any advice you mamas have for me. I'm going back in forth to court for custody and trying to get these charges dropped I'm so stressed I can't eat or sleep. Help?!?!
by on May. 25, 2013 at 4:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shelady99
by on May. 25, 2013 at 7:41 AM
He probably wont get full custody over a freaking scratch. Hes an ass for that. He set you up bad. Did you make a police report? You shouldve called before he did. But how wrong of him to get you arrested for that when he hit you first.
momma_2013
by on May. 25, 2013 at 11:46 AM
save that text so when u go to court you can show the judge u were supose to pick him and then he refused.... talk to a lawer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MIMIBRIE
by Jayme on May. 25, 2013 at 1:02 PM
I'd speak around to different lawyers. I'm sorry that's happen to you. I hardly think he has anything to prove you're an unfit mother. If I were you I'd get the papers online and get them notarized and file first thing Tuesday. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2013 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Ugh, I'm so sorry he set you up like that shygirl951.  :(

I do agree with this advice though.

Quoting MIMIBRIE:

I'd speak around to different lawyers. I'm sorry that's happen to you. I hardly think he has anything to prove you're an unfit mother. If I were you I'd get the papers online and get them notarized and file first thing Tuesday. Good luck

kitty8199
by on May. 25, 2013 at 5:43 PM
One thing I've learned its cops don't know shit about custody laws. Sometimes you have to force them by providing the law to them.
What state, are you married, is he on the bc?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by on May. 25, 2013 at 5:44 PM
One thing if your child is with a stranger call the cops and have them get him from them. They have no legal rights. You're mom.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shygirl951
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:48 PM
I know, he's a jerk!

Quoting shelady99:

He probably wont get full custody over a freaking scratch. Hes an ass for that. He set you up bad. Did you make a police report? You shouldve called before he did. But how wrong of him to get you arrested for that when he hit you first.

Shygirl951
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:49 PM
I am

Quoting zebra556:

Please talk to a lawyer!!

Shygirl951
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Yea I did

Quoting momma_2013:

save that text so when u go to court you can show the judge u were supose to pick him and then he refused.... talk to a lawer

Shygirl951
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:51 PM
I'm in CA and we're not married but he is on the bc

Quoting kitty8199:

One thing I've learned its cops don't know shit about custody laws. Sometimes you have to force them by providing the law to them.

What state, are you married, is he on the bc?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)