Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms
Here's my story. Okay I told you guys how I wanted to leave my sons father etc. And I did. I packed up moved out, but didn't file for custody because we had made a verbal agreement with no disagreements. Silly me! So my sons father takes my son and refuses to give him back to me. I call the police they tell me there's nothing they can do. I freak out. At the end of that day he texts me to come get my son, I go to the location and we get into an argument becuase he won't give him to me! He pushes me I grab him, he gets a scratch, calls the police, I soend a week in jail for domestic violence! Get out of jail to a restraining order and bim telling me I can't see my son until the court orders him too and he's filing for full cusfodh and wants xhild support etc. He put my son on formula and started him on baby food and is leaving him with people I don't even know. I feel like I'm going crazy and I haven't stopped crying. Is there any advice you mamas have for me. I'm going back in forth to court for custody and trying to get these charges dropped I'm so stressed I can't eat or sleep. Help?!?!
by on May. 25, 2013 at 4:34 AM
Replies (11-20):
Shygirl951
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Yea thanks

Quoting amonkeymom:

Ugh, I'm so sorry he set you up like that shygirl951.  :(

I do agree with this advice though.

Quoting MIMIBRIE:

I'd speak around to different lawyers. I'm sorry that's happen to you. I hardly think he has anything to prove you're an unfit mother. If I were you I'd get the papers online and get them notarized and file first thing Tuesday. Good luck

kitty8199
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 7:07 PM
2 moms liked this
Unwed Mothers Under California Family Code Section 7610, an unwed mother automatically gains custody of her child upon birth. No legal action is required to assert her custodial rights. She is solely responsible for providing for her child and making decisions regarding his living arrangements, health care and education. Barring any court order, the mother determines what, if any contact, the father has with the child. However, unless paternity is established, the mother has no right to child support from the father in this situation.

Quoting Shygirl951:

I'm in CA and we're not married but he is on the bc

Quoting kitty8199:

One thing I've learned its cops don't know shit about custody laws. Sometimes you have to force them by providing the law to them.

What state, are you married, is he on the bc?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mlb456
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 7:14 PM
This!!! Ive been in the same situation as you. Ive been goin threw a custody battle for 3 f¿©king years! But if you cab find out just one time of where hes left your (i think you said son) even if you have to follow him as soon as he leaves call the cops they will make who ever has him give him over to you cuz they have no right to him even if its his grandparents and once you get him do NOT let him get his hands on him again until custody papers are wrote up. but you have to make sure he doesnt do the same thing of what you did lol.. if you need to vent ask a question anything just inbox me.. ive had 3 d.v charges aginst me from ds dad and all of them were fales but its his word against mine and as you fount out who ever has the mark is the one they will believe.. soooo sorry your going threw this *BIG huges*

Quoting kitty8199:

One thing if your child is with a stranger call the cops and have them get him from them. They have no legal rights. You're mom.
Shygirl951
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Thank you. Did you get the charges dropped?

Quoting mlb456:

This!!! Ive been in the same situation as you. Ive been goin threw a custody battle for 3 f¿©king years! But if you cab find out just one time of where hes left your (i think you said son) even if you have to follow him as soon as he leaves call the cops they will make who ever has him give him over to you cuz they have no right to him even if its his grandparents and once you get him do NOT let him get his hands on him again until custody papers are wrote up. but you have to make sure he doesnt do the same thing of what you did lol.. if you need to vent ask a question anything just inbox me.. ive had 3 d.v charges aginst me from ds dad and all of them were fales but its his word against mine and as you fount out who ever has the mark is the one they will believe.. soooo sorry your going threw this *BIG huges*

Quoting kitty8199:

One thing if your child is with a stranger call the cops and have them get him from them. They have no legal rights. You're mom.

Shygirl951
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 7:24 PM
Thank you.

Quoting kitty8199:

Unwed Mothers Under California Family Code Section 7610, an unwed mother automatically gains custody of her child upon birth. No legal action is required to assert her custodial rights. She is solely responsible for providing for her child and making decisions regarding his living arrangements, health care and education. Barring any court order, the mother determines what, if any contact, the father has with the child. However, unless paternity is established, the mother has no right to child support from the father in this situation.

Quoting Shygirl951:

Quoting kitty8199:

One thing I've learned its cops don't know shit about custody laws. Sometimes you have to force them by providing the law to them.

mlb456
by Member on May. 25, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Umm well i had atleast 17 charges between d.v trust passing and threatining (i cant spell for nothing! Lol and im moible) and outta all those charges i only got convicted of 3 d.v but thats cuz he would scratch himself or put some other mark on him take a pic n say i did it and all i had was "no i didnt i wasnt even with him at the time hes sayin this occured" of course their gonna believe the pic over words.. oh and for now on if possible when/if you go ANYWHERE around your X have a 3rd party present so that way if he tries to do this again you'll have a witness

Quoting Shygirl951:

Quoting mlb456:

Quoting kitty8199:

kitty8199
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 7:34 PM
Maybe this code section if stated will make the cops get your child

Quoting Shygirl951:

Thank you.

Quoting kitty8199:

Quoting Shygirl951:

Quoting kitty8199:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on May. 25, 2013 at 10:17 PM
That's why I push so hard for making it all legal immediately. Sorry you learned the hard way. All you can do is gather all negative proof against him you can find, make sure you are living the perfect lifestyle including having only clean, quality people around you and going to court. Courts still generally lean towards giving physical custody to moms unless there is good cause and him denying you access will reflect badly on him., but there is no guarantee. I hope it all works out for you.
Shygirl951
by Member on May. 26, 2013 at 3:14 AM
Geesh!! Yea I already have that in motion I can't afford a cRiminal record in the field I'm pursuing

Quoting mlb456:

Umm well i had atleast 17 charges between d.v trust passing and threatining (i cant spell for nothing! Lol and im moible) and outta all those charges i only got convicted of 3 d.v but thats cuz he would scratch himself or put some other mark on him take a pic n say i did it and all i had was "no i didnt i wasnt even with him at the time hes sayin this occured" of course their gonna believe the pic over words.. oh and for now on if possible when/if you go ANYWHERE around your X have a 3rd party present so that way if he tries to do this again you'll have a witness

Quoting Shygirl951:

Quoting mlb456:

Quoting kitty8199:

Shygirl951
by Member on May. 26, 2013 at 3:15 AM
Nope but thanks anyways

Quoting kitty8199:

Maybe this code section if stated will make the cops get your child

Quoting Shygirl951:

Thank you.

Quoting kitty8199:

Quoting Shygirl951:

Quoting kitty8199:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)