Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

he just broke up with me

Posted by on May. 25, 2013 at 1:18 PM
  • 43 Replies
Not getting into all the details. Basically he said when we're together he feels like family, but when we're not he feels like we're friends.
He said he still wants to come meet my family. He still wants to talk. Still wants to come visit.
He just got restationed to Hawaii. So he's no where near me.

He talked about the only way I could stay with him there was if we were married, which he isn't going to do bc he rushed his first marriage and it ended badly. Well HE is the one who brought up marriage in the first place.

He said he meant it when he said it. I'm so sick of being punished for the ex. Every damn relationship.

Now he's texting me telling me about his bbq, and said he'll call me later. Called me baby when he got off the phone.

I'm crushed and don't know what to do. I don't want him out of my life but can't act like nothing happened.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 25, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 2:13 PM
7 moms liked this
Sounds like he wants his cake and eat it too. Wants to be single to do whatever in HI but doesn't want to burn a bridge in case nothing else pans out. Your best bet is to call his bluff and tell him to go away, live his life, and leave you alone.
KRIZZ25
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2013 at 2:16 PM
5 moms liked this
tell him ether shit or get off the pot..u need to take the control .tell him if ur just friend he cant meet ur family and he cant call u baby and all that .sound like he just wont to be friends so he can hit it wen ever he has the feeling.
kitty8199
by on May. 25, 2013 at 2:28 PM
I'm just numb now. I wanted this so bad. He said he did too. He said for the past month he's been feeling like he wasn't sure
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 2:31 PM
2 moms liked this
Leave it be. If it was truly what he wanted, he'd fight for it, not give up so easily.
sid1083
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 2:51 PM
I heard the same things too when bd in my case was re-stationed to HI. He had a new gf within a month (just never mentioned her and still fed me the same shit).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by on May. 25, 2013 at 3:14 PM
Yeah such a horrible place to be stationed

Quoting sid1083:

I heard the same things too when bd in my case was re-stationed to HI. He had a new gf within a month (just never mentioned her and still fed me the same shit).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:07 PM
He asked for my mailing address. I don't think he has any of my stuff. Unless he plans on sending me the stuff for my daughter his mom had at her house. Like cups and plates a booster for the table, books etc.
He wants to act like nothing changed.He is just talking like we're friends. Not like he wants to keep me add a booty call. He's being stationed 3500 miles away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamavalor
by on May. 25, 2013 at 6:10 PM
2 moms liked this

If you love something let it go and if it doesn't come back then it wasn't yours to own.  Get yourself a life, too.  Do not wait around for a man.  Let him wait for you.  ;)

chirpymama87
by on May. 25, 2013 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this
If he is more than 100 miles from you, not committing to YOU and was married before, trifecta of BAD IDEA...
Been there, done that.
Don't keep something that was meant to be free.
And I'm sure you're gonna miss the sex more than him.
Being blunt? Yes. Only because so many girls make the EXACT mistake for a dumbass young boy. Move on.
Military relationships RARELY last and unfortunately even in that world dependapotamuses ruin it for us good females.
kitty8199
by on May. 25, 2013 at 8:22 PM
He was committed before today. He wanted to get married and adopt my daughter.
He was married. His ex wife is also military. She left him during his deployment.
I'll miss him way more than the sex. Even though he is amazing.

There's nothing i can do. I can't force him to marry me like he has been saying. It just hurts. He told me today his family still will accept me with open arms and I'm still "part of the family"

Quoting chirpymama87:

If he is more than 100 miles from you, not committing to YOU and was married before, trifecta of BAD IDEA...

Been there, done that.

Don't keep something that was meant to be free.

And I'm sure you're gonna miss the sex more than him.

Being blunt? Yes. Only because so many girls make the EXACT mistake for a dumbass young boy. Move on.

Military relationships RARELY last and unfortunately even in that world dependapotamuses ruin it for us good females.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN