Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

he just broke up with me

Posted by   + Show Post
Not getting into all the details. Basically he said when we're together he feels like family, but when we're not he feels like we're friends.
He said he still wants to come meet my family. He still wants to talk. Still wants to come visit.
He just got restationed to Hawaii. So he's no where near me.

He talked about the only way I could stay with him there was if we were married, which he isn't going to do bc he rushed his first marriage and it ended badly. Well HE is the one who brought up marriage in the first place.

He said he meant it when he said it. I'm so sick of being punished for the ex. Every damn relationship.

Now he's texting me telling me about his bbq, and said he'll call me later. Called me baby when he got off the phone.

I'm crushed and don't know what to do. I don't want him out of my life but can't act like nothing happened.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 25, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Replies (41-43):
kitty8199
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2013 at 10:39 AM
Well I didn't do my normal good night our good morning call.
I'm taking baby steps. I'm not contacting him. Can't promise I won't answer his calls/texts because I love him, but I can not contact him.

Quoting Toni1140:

I'm with Andrewsmom70. Life is too short for that! Get yourself together and move on.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Toni1140
by on May. 26, 2013 at 11:17 AM

Baby steps is progress. :)

ame4c
by on May. 27, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Quoting kitty8199:

Doubt he'd fly 3500 miles for a booty call. He has no reason to come here. He's going to be in Hawaii. Girls everywhere

Quoting ame4c:

He just wants a booty call when he's in town.  Time to move on girl.  If he doesn't want to put the rock on the finger, it will never happen.

There is some truth to the ol' catch Phrase "Set it free, if it belongs to you it will come back".  Otherwise it wasn't meant to be.  He may just need to understand how important the relationship is to you and that it's all or nothing with you.

Also remember that no choice you make in this is a wrong one.  It's just a choice.  So if you chose to give in and just be what he wants, then that is all good.  However, don't convince yourself you will get him to change.  That won't happen all that will happen is you will end up hurt.

ame4c

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)