Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dating sites

Posted by on May. 25, 2013 at 5:08 PM
  • 21 Replies

has anyone tired a dating site and had success? if so what site.

by on May. 25, 2013 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2013 at 5:42 PM

I have tried and hated it.

kitty8199
by Silver Member on May. 25, 2013 at 5:45 PM
Plenty of fish. Went on a few dates.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lita5202
by Member on May. 26, 2013 at 9:38 AM
I tried plenty of fish. There are some weirdos so you gotta look around. But my last bf was from there and we dated 3 months after knowing 4 months and I actually found another guy I really like. We are just hanging out stage right now.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 26, 2013 at 9:42 AM
I've tried never any success
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mietze78
by Member on May. 26, 2013 at 10:37 AM

I've tried Plenty of Fish and it's been only so-so. There are a lot of weirdos. I've thought about trying Events & Adventures just to try something different, get out from behind the monitor. Anyone try that?

Robsessed98
by on May. 26, 2013 at 10:42 AM
2 moms liked this
I've had a little luck on POF. They are cracking down on guys who are just looking to get laid.
Oliviasmom72
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2013 at 3:25 PM
I have done both match and Plenty of fish. Last year I dud match for 2 months. It's a pay site there seems to be slightly more quality men than POF but there are a ton of out if state men and scammers. You have to weed through a lot of BS but I wound up dating a guy for a couple months off of it. Set your settings so that guys from out of state cannot email you but they can still send you winks. I pretty much ignored all winks since most we're not legit.

Plenty of fish is ok for a free site and you can set your mail settings so that men outside a certain radius can't even see your profile. This weeds out most scammers. I'm finding the men on here though are not great and since its s free site I think many post ads that are not really serious I think they just want to see what kind of a response they get and there tends to be a high no response rate. I've been contacted by about 25 or 30 guys in about 3 weeks which us far less than match. Most of the men in my age group are overweight and bald. I've only gotten 1 or 2 decent guys. Yes I'm picky :)

If you do decide to do this, meet within a few days of contact that way you don't waste much time if ur not interested. Good luck.
Jenn8604
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2013 at 3:29 PM
I hate them. I tried Christian mingle, pof, rich men, wealthy men. BTW those last two sites are not wealthy men on there looking for a woman to marry and have kids with and have you be a sahm like their ads say. They don't want kids. Christian Mingle you have to pay to message people. I did and they have auto renew they DON'T tell you about. yeah I got ripped off. and pof all the guys want is a piece of ass.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skyelyns_mommie
by on May. 26, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Plenty if fish sucks.
I've tried eharmony with no luck
baseballmom5416
by on May. 26, 2013 at 8:05 PM

dont even try none of them. i did. and i had the same promblem just like the other women just said. so im giving up on trying to find that special someone. and no cant find no one special where i live. all of them are taking. the rest are drunks or they do drugs or both. and one more thing there is also cheaters too in my area. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)