Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Dating question....

Posted by on May. 26, 2013 at 12:51 PM
  • 9 Replies

This is the 2nd time/guy I have this question with. I just started seeing someone and I am getting a weird vibe about him and his ex wife.  Maybe it is just me, I don't know. I need some advice please...

so he makes excuses to have to "stop by" his we'd wife's house. They had to go to their daughters dance recital and he insisted they drive together, have dinner after and then hang out at her house for a bit after. Is this behavior odd? I don't know? Am I being paranoid? They also spend quite a bit of time texting each other.  Their daughter is well adjusted, 8yrs old and seems ok with everything.

thanks ladies! 

by on May. 26, 2013 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Cenedra64
by on May. 26, 2013 at 12:56 PM
Personally i'd dump him. Not trying to be harsh but spending time with his kid is one thing...ex wife thats ridiculous. Sounds like hes trying to get back together with her. Jmo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyRojo
by Member on May. 26, 2013 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this

That's what I thought too! The kid is ok, it's not a bad break up etc...why do they need to hang out, visit etc with each other? 

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Maybe they stayed friends? It's not wrong for them to get along. My ex and I stayed friends for years... we even carpooled to mediation and court. But his current wife decided that meant I wanted him back... so now we are the opposite extreme and can't even speak to each other
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krisnkids
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2013 at 1:12 PM
It sounds like he makes supporting his daughter and being part of her life a priority, snap him up!

After many rocky years my ex and I have a good relationship. When he comes to get the kids he stays at the house, goes to dinner with us etc. Do we have any interest in eachother? No
Robsessed98
by on May. 26, 2013 at 1:28 PM
It could very well be bc they want to co-parent by doing family activities. But I'd say go with your gut. You can usually tell when things arent like they say and there's no need to get involved if there's any question as to his availability.
mommyRojo
by Member on May. 26, 2013 at 1:33 PM

There were 2 recent things that I got a little weirded out by. I saw that he was sending "funny face" pictures of himself to her, via text. And, that they use a lot of "cute, sayings via text" that are like "their words" 

i don't know...

Andrewsmom70
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2013 at 2:10 PM
I say walk away. He's spending way too much energy on her. I understand having a good relationship for the sake of the child but their interactions should always be about the child. If not, it's too much, IMHO.
MIMIBRIE
by Jayme on May. 26, 2013 at 4:11 PM
I agree with everyone. I personally have no problems with exes being in good terms for the good of their children but there's a limit to how friendly they can be. I wouldn't put myself in situations that have me uncomfortable
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sid1083
by Silver Member on May. 26, 2013 at 6:41 PM
Go with your gut. You may not be right every time, but it can sure save a lot of stress.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)