Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

What would you do? illegal car seating matter.

Posted by on May. 26, 2013 at 5:29 PM
  • 30 Replies

My ex and his wife have a combined 4 kids [2 hers, 1 his, and 1 theirs together]. I just found out that from my son, that 2 of the kids have to share a seatbelt [they have a 5 seater]. When I told my ex about this, he denied it, like he does everything. My son would never lie to me about something like this. I asked my son if the other 3 were in the car when he was dropped off [they live 30 - 45 minutes away], he said yes. And I believed him because both my ex and his wife were in the car, and my son said that both of the kids werent at their dads. 

What would you say or do? 

by on May. 26, 2013 at 5:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2013 at 5:35 PM
My ex did the same thing and denied it. Judge couldn't do anything since no proof so he made it so ex had to pick up from my house instead of school. All of a sudden SM started picking up with other car that had another seat belt. I told my kids (jr high age at that time) to refuse getting in car if not enough seat belts.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Blah-a-dee
by on May. 26, 2013 at 5:38 PM

They dont have another car. :/ I wish it could be solved... I will kill him if something happens to my son. And right now I dont have a car to go take him to and from so I know how things are going to be handled. 

Quoting conniejo75:

My ex did the same thing and denied it. Judge couldn't do anything since no proof so he made it so ex had to pick up from my house instead of school. All of a sudden SM started picking up with other car that had another seat belt. I told my kids (jr high age at that time) to refuse getting in car if not enough seat belts.

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2013 at 6:02 PM
If they don't have another car, and u dont drive...what do u want them to do? Not see the kids?

Quoting Blah-a-dee:

They dont have another car. :/ I wish it could be solved... I will kill him if something happens to my son. And right now I dont have a car to go take him to and from so I know how things are going to be handled. 

Quoting conniejo75:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on May. 26, 2013 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this
If your kid is seated correctly, I think you should myob. If yours is one that's being endangered, I would confront dad and if he did it again, have the cops be on the lookout when he's coming and let them take care of it.
krisnkids
by Gold Member on May. 26, 2013 at 8:51 PM
My ex and I have 4 and he has 2 with his new wife. when my kids go see their dad he uses my 9 passenger truck. While its not a normal arrangement for most, my kids are safe.
If I were in your shoes I would bring it to the judges attention.
MIMIBRIE
by Jayme on May. 26, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Frankly I would follow him into the car to see seating arrangements and refuse to let him go if he doesn't have his own seat/ car seat if he's young enough.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shelady99
by on May. 27, 2013 at 9:37 AM
This just happened to me. Instead my son didnt even get a seat or seatbelt he rode in the storage part of an explorer smh. You guys gotta work something out. It might not sound like a big deal to some...until a car accident happens.
shelady99
by on May. 27, 2013 at 9:38 AM
This just happened to me. Instead my son didnt even get a seat or seatbelt he rode in the storage part of an explorer smh. You guys gotta work something out. It might not sound like a big deal to some...until a car accident happens.
Blah-a-dee
by on May. 27, 2013 at 3:58 PM

This will sound harsh, but he should have thought about that when he and his wife decided that they should have another kid. And he wanted to go for broke with a new car fully loaded and then found out that he couldnt afford that car so he had to get his aunts car, with knowing that he had another child on the way and there wouldnt have been enough seats. He should have known better. It is not my fault for him not having a car that can accomidate all of the kids. 

Quoting conniejo75:

If they don't have another car, and u dont drive...what do u want them to do? Not see the kids?

Quoting Blah-a-dee:

Quoting conniejo75:

Blah-a-dee
by on May. 27, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Wow. Just wow. 

Quoting shelady99:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)