Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Single mom to be

Posted by on May. 26, 2013 at 11:58 PM
  • 6 Replies
I am 17 and I found out i was pregnant and it was quite a surprise, as it is to many moms! I don't know how to even tell the father or what to do because the way it happened was not really a way that regarded my future or choices. Kind of a ling story. But i am so angry and upset about how it happened i do not want him in my life at all! I am just kind if confused on how to approach the situation. I have so many scenarios in my mind
by on May. 26, 2013 at 11:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
MIMIBRIE
by Jayme on May. 27, 2013 at 1:51 AM
First off welcome to the group and Congrats on the pregnancy.

Secondly there's no reason to inform him right away that you're expecting. When the idea sinks in for you then you to let him know.

It doesn't always end badly
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starry_mom
by on May. 27, 2013 at 8:42 AM
1 mom liked this
You don't HAVE TO have him in your child's life... But do not drop outta school, a lot of schools have programs for pregnant and single moms. The more education is beneficial to you and your child in the long run... I'm a 26 yo mother of 2 going on to get my masters, it may have taken me longer to get here than most, but I don't receive help from their sperm donors, so I have to be able to afford them
LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 27, 2013 at 9:04 AM
Welcome!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on May. 27, 2013 at 11:52 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group.  

Talk to your parents about how/if you should tell the father.  If your child was consumed during non-consensual sex, I don't think you have to tell him, though I do think you should press charges.  (((hug)))

SumMassie
by on May. 27, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Thanks! I am definitely going to talk more with them because my dad especially is pretty supportive. Its great having this to hear some more advice

Quoting amonkeymom:

Welcome to the group.  

Talk to your parents about how/if you should tell the father.  If your child was consumed during non-consensual sex, I don't think you have to tell him, though I do think you should press charges.  (((hug)))

Robsessed98
by on May. 27, 2013 at 5:21 PM
You need to get past the shock before anything. Then you have to tell your family, as well as the fathers. Idc what the conception circumstances were or how you feel about him, its his baby too and he should be involved in the decision process. Decide if you want to raIse the baby, if not give the father the option and neither of you do, place it for adoption (imo abortion is murder so I cannot include it in the list of options). An unplanned pregnancy, as well as being single, isn't the end of the world. It can and would better your world. You will adjust to the changes and can raise it on your own if necessary. Stay strong and focused.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)