Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Not happy 😢

Posted by on May. 27, 2013 at 10:07 AM
  • 11 Replies
I've been really down lately and it seems like there's nothing out there that can make me happy. I've been a bit sleep deprived because of my son (5 mo) and everything is just so boring these days. I don't have a job and it's been hard looking for one. I've kinda put college on pause cuz I'm just not mentally into it anymore. And I live about 25 miles away from, well anything really. I do have a car but I can't always be going places since I'd have to bring my son. I don't have any day cares or babysitters for him yet and where I live it seems impossible to find one.

I'm also having a lot of personal issues. Weight, acne, ect... I hate how I look right now and it seems like all my options are gone. Going to try the It Works Body Wrap, hopefully it does me some good. I'm also a bit tired of being home all the time and not gettin to see ppl. My parents are usually away at work but then when their home it makes me feel even worse. I do get out on an off for walk and what not, but they don't really do much for me. Just tires my son out for me. :/ idk, I'm most likely just complaining about all the negatives an I'm having a tough time finding positives in my life. My hobbies have diminished and nothing seems to interest me anymore. I have NO idea what I like anymore.. There comes times where I want to bawl my eyes out but for whatever reason I just don't. It'd prolly be good for me, but it's as of I have no tears left. Now I just find myself being very sluggish and kinda depressed. I keep gaining weight and that makes me feel worse. I am a daily pot smoker and that tends to make everything better, but then I just regret eating all the time. *sigh* I wish I could figure something out. I've officially stopped looking for a guy because it just seems hopeless at this rate. And like they say, if you don't like yourself you can't like another 😔

Well, sry for my rant. I just needed to say something.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 27, 2013 at 10:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MIMIBRIE
by Jayme on May. 27, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Have you always felt this way? Meaning since your lo was born? If so you could be suffering from ppd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kazmira222
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Well it's actually gotten worse. I wa alright for awhile, but lately it's just been getting worse 😞perhaps tho it is ppd

Quoting MIMIBRIE:

Have you always felt this way? Meaning since your lo was born? If so you could be suffering from ppd.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Robsessed98
by on May. 27, 2013 at 11:43 AM
2 moms liked this
You definitely sound depressed. You should talk to your Dr and/or a counselor. And no, being a daily pot smoker does not help. It temporarily masks issues then when your head clears, the problems are still there. Pot isn't a hard drug by any means but it does alter your mind, makes things less important and slows reaction time, so it definitely lowers your ability to care for your child. You have no room to talk about your weight while you're getting stoned either. Get caught. and you take a chance on losing your child. It's definitely not something a responsible parent does, especially when they have noone else watching their baby while they are high. Growing up and giving the drug up should be your first move.
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on May. 27, 2013 at 11:55 AM

If you think depression is an issue, you need to talk to your doctor about it.

As for losing weight, etc.  Have you tried WW?  It can really help, because it teaches you to eat in a healthy way and make better choices.

Quoting Kazmira222:

Well it's actually gotten worse. I wa alright for awhile, but lately it's just been getting worse 😞perhaps tho it is ppd

Quoting MIMIBRIE:

Kazmira222
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Well I've tried eating healthy, but that only last a week or so. I've told my parents to not buy certain things so that I'm not tempted to eat junk good, but of course.. It's there. I'm just not very well self disciplined.

An how will a doctor help when I need to figure out what makes me happy? All they'll do is just give me meds to cover it up. So idk

Quoting amonkeymom:

As for losing weight, etc.  Have you tried WW?  It can really help, because it teaches you to eat in a healthy way and make better choices.

Quoting Kazmira222:

Quoting MIMIBRIE:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on May. 27, 2013 at 12:19 PM

That's not necessarily true about a doctor.  You might be given a recommendation to see a therapist or a nutritionist, you might need meds to help (but it's not a sure thing) and really if you do need meds, they won't "cover it up", they'll help you feel better which in turn will help your body image, etc.

Quoting Kazmira222:

Well I've tried eating healthy, but that only last a week or so. I've told my parents to not buy certain things so that I'm not tempted to eat junk good, but of course.. It's there. I'm just not very well self disciplined.

An how will a doctor help when I need to figure out what makes me happy? All they'll do is just give me meds to cover it up. So idk

Quoting amonkeymom:

Quoting Kazmira222:

Quoting MIMIBRIE:

mz23
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Awe what are your goals? Try to work on that. I felt like that at the beginning, I was alone from the start too. I felt depressed sometimes I still get sad but I just keep working towards my goals. Finishing school and finding a job. If you go to school or work you can enroll your child in early head start are go through human resources to get child care. Try and start your day off with something healthy like a smoothie and go fOr a walk or something and go from there. If you fill up on healthy stuff there will be less room for the unhealthy and when you start eating healthy you'll try and keep it up, also your will clear up drink lots of water. I bought this stuff called african black soap and I use the yes to grapefruit facial cleaner and my face has been clear. 

mz23
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Oh and I also use witch hazel as an astringent and this has really helpled

MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on May. 27, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Aww hang in there momma.  You are doing the right thing by talking about what you are feeling.  I hope things improve for you soon.

starry_mom
by on May. 28, 2013 at 11:09 AM
Do you have a stroller? Go out for a walk around the block a few time, sounds like pp depression, and the best way to combat depression naturally is sunlight and exercise... There are a lot of mommy and me exercises to help keep your bond intact and regain your self confidence... Don't give up on school, maybe a fun class over the summer will get you back in gear... Good luck ma
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN