Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Is there anyone out there?

Posted by on May. 27, 2013 at 8:51 PM
  • 9 Replies

It's been 2 years since my ex-husband and I split and almost 1 year since our divorce has been finalized. My ex-husband my sons father walked out on us, it was so random and just completely blew me away. After everything was said and done, I felt like the family that I've always wanted was yanked away from me with everyone laughing at me. I felt as if I was being made a fool of. I started going back to school in August of 2011 and will soon be graduating but it has been very difficult without anyone there for me, without any support whatsoever. I am a full time single mom, going to school full time, working 2 part time jobs, and an ex-husband who doesn't help with his own child most of the time. I don't have any family, it's just my son and I and it completely breaks my heart that it's this way for the both of us; of course my son on the other hand still has his fathers side of the family whom he gets to see but it's difficult on me. I feel so abandoned most of the time, I feel lonely, I feel like I've never meant anything to anyone my whole life and it continues. I know my son adores me but I feel like he's supposed to feel like that for his mother which of course I'm sure he's supposed to. Is there anyone else who deals with this? Or am I just feeling like I'm the only one? Being alone, with no support, no family, I do have friends but they're aren't there all the time. How do you do it? I always push hard, I'm a strong person in general but there are times when I just feel so helpless and just want to scream. I get so overwhelmed and wonder why it is that people run away from me.

toddler boyMomma to one handsome lil boy!

by on May. 27, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
GoldenLinds
by Member on May. 27, 2013 at 9:01 PM
2 moms liked this
This so sounds like me. My ex walked out on us after my son was born and I was truly shocked. He also left his daughter with me for the better part of a year before he decided he wanted her back. Its been 2 years. It was like you said. I felt like I was suddenly the punch line in a joke where I was the only one who didn't see it coming. It was hard for a while. Finally someone, a stranger actually, told me that if you need to be divorced then you need to be divorced and somehow that made it better. Idk why. I was able to embrace bwing my own family for my son. I have family near is but thwy don't hwlp out and my ex is 5 states away and we get nothing feom him. I work 3 jobs and its been a long road. I finally met someone but before him i felt like you. Like I didn't matter to anyone on this earth. My son of course but you know what I mean. Peopke Will tell you to move on and keep working etc. Thats not the point. We are all allowed tocfeel a little sorry for ourselves sometimes and with good reason. The point is that you aren't letting it get you down. I'm sure that someone will realize how amazing and strong and rwsilient you are and it will change your life. Keep up the good work momma and know you aren't alone.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on May. 27, 2013 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Hugs welcome to the group!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
newlife2013
by on May. 27, 2013 at 9:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Until you are on your own for some time, and even if no one is there to support you, it is all so overwhelming, but something one day will make it seem like it will be ok, but you have to believe it. I was alone, my parents have been a major major disappointment, at the beginning, just me and the kids, but I eventually realized I either think positively or surround myself with misery, I chose happiness...stay strong...
Robsessed98
by on May. 27, 2013 at 11:22 PM
I seriously doubt people actually run from you, but if so let them go bc they werent who you needed anyway. Your plate is so full right now, you don't need the added stress of a relationship. Finish school, get a good job and settle in your new, improved life. Then find whoever you want that deserves you and take it from there. Congrats on having the responsibility, dedication and maturity to achieve all you've already done.
diaperstodating
by Angel on May. 27, 2013 at 11:25 PM
I agree you should focus on school, work and your kids. I have been separated longer than you and still not divorced. The last thing on my mind now, and when I am divorced will be dating.
diaperstodating
by Angel on May. 27, 2013 at 11:26 PM
~ Hugs ~
Welcome to the group.
deltathree
by Gold Member on May. 28, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Hi & welcome! :)

A-nony-mous
by Member on May. 28, 2013 at 4:18 PM

I don't have any real advice for you, but I wanted to say that I think it's amazing and incredible what you and GoldenLinds are doing. :-) You both are really inspirational to me and probably to other young parents who hear your story. You may never know that or hear it in person as much as you deserve (or even at all!) but don't doubt that working hard and being dedicated like you are touches people. That kind of work ethic will bring good things to you both eventually.  <3 :-)  

opinionated07
by on May. 28, 2013 at 8:56 PM
I feel like that alot. It's so hard being on your own and having no one. I started crying tonight because I couldn't start the lawn mower I mean how crazy is that. It's so overwhelming having it all in your shoulders. I just keep telling myself things will get better eventually and I'm sure they will for you too..hopefully sooner than later!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)