Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are your parents married?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:19 AM
  • 17 Replies
1 mom liked this

Poll

Question: Are your parents married? If so, for how long?

Options:

Yes

No, they were never married

No, they divorced

Other, please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 40

View Results

Mine are divorced from eachother, and both have been remarried to their current spouses for over 25 years each.

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sugargirl84
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

My parents have been married 30 years as of June 25th this year. I was born the year after they got married and my younger brother 3 years after me.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:23 AM
Both of my parents are deceased. When my father died, they had been married 37 years.
Blah-a-dee
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:26 AM

My parents are married but not to each other. They are both on their second marriages. My mom has been married to her husband for 2ish months, but have been together for 8 years. My dad and stepmom have been married for 14 years, I think. But my parents were never married. 

conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 11:33 AM
My parents were married about 11 years before they divorced. My mom is on marriage number 4. My dad is now deceased, but he remarried too... he was married to my step mom about 15 years I think.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
delilahsmom1177
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 12:57 PM
My parents divorced. My mom never re-married. My father got re-married when I was 8. My step mom passed sept of 2011. He is already re-married.

I'm tattooed,pagan,pro-choice,pro-legalizing marijuana,pro-gay marriage,anti-war,non-vaxing,tree hugging,animal loving,book reading,animal testing free,depression battling, trying to raise a free spirit and letting her be who she is but still teaching her important life lessons,fighting for equal rights at the same time,don't like it get over it.

Andrewsmom70
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 2:17 PM
My parents were married 48 years when my dad died 3 years ago.
pmpknhead
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:03 PM

Parents are still legally married, but have been seperated almost 15 years now. My Mother moved on, but still there for my Dad. My Dad, who has been re-married 3 other times before my mother still loves her and deciding to call it quits after that (didn't pursue other relations). Both are responsible and not bad people, they are just people who had their problems and learned from it and moved on.

PoplarGrove
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 4:22 PM

My parents are still married.  My dad cheated on her at least once but he came back and she took him back.  I honestly don't think that they are happy - they just go through the motions because they have no other real options.  I know my Mom is still bitter - she's taking it out on my ex.  The difference between her and I is I'will never take him back.  

Blessed_Mommy87
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:06 PM

My Parents are going on 26 years of marriage.

neveragain17
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:25 PM
My mom and dad were married and divorced when I was 4 and my mom has been re-married to my step dad for about 9 years but have been together since I was 8 and my dad has been married 2 more times since and is now divorced for the past 3 years...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)