Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cleaning.....ugh!

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:02 PM
  • 7 Replies
So today is my last day off before starting my work week tomorrow. My apt is an absolute mess ugh.....I'm so overwhelmed by the clutter. So my question of the day, is how doyou single moms keep your places clean?? I have a one yr old so it's like I can't even fold laundry without it being a production. I've decided to go to the pool for a few hrs with the kiddos to try to destress a little bit.
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I clean as I go and have a set day for laundry.

lauraash06
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 3:20 PM
I have a set day for laundry as well, but have been extremely slacking as of last weeks.....I'm trying to get back to normal clean, but I think I just need to take a random day off when kids are gone and do it.
Barblicious
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:50 PM
2 moms liked this

Sometimes spending quality time with my daughter just seems more important.

Laundry can pile up, dishes can be pulled out of the dishwasher later, toys can be picked up another day. Anything truly messy gets a once over like sinks, toilets and tubs, those are more important for germs etc. but the rest, it gets done when the time allows. I don't want to look back and think, gee I should have gone to the playground instead of doing dishes. I think regrets shouldn't involve missing out on my toddler. It can stress me out sometimes, I am a neat clean freak, but it has been a learning curve to relax, and enjoy life.

LifeCafe42
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 1:07 AM
I do a little every day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diaperstodating
by Queen24Princes on Jun. 10, 2013 at 1:55 AM
I do a little everyday. If something doesn't get done it doesn't stress me out. Spending time with my boys is more important than having a clean house.
easinpc
by Gold Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I do light cleaning thru the week and then the deeper/heavier cleaning on the weekend.

steviechick
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 11:15 AM

When my daughter was a baby and slept (took naps) that's when I cleaned.  If she was awake I would put her in her swing and run the vacuum cleaner, etc.  The doctor said for her to get used to the 'loud' noises so she could accept them when she was older.  Dishes could stay in the sink until later on.  Or be put in the dishwasher.  Dusting, cleaning the bathrooms that could also wait until it was nap time or when she was put down for the night. I spent the entire day playing with her and watching her. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)