Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Father and summer vacation

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:38 PM
  • 16 Replies

I have a question that I do need to ask my lawyer about but I think my ex is full of it . I have primary physical custody . In his parenting time it does say he gets up to 6 weeks of summer . My issue I said with tha is do you have a babysitter . Tonight on the phone his reply was that's something he has to get and it's a rule that I pay half. I never read that and it isn't in divorce papers . He said its a rule . Where can I fine this rule ? I think he is full of it and he barely pays child support 

by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Andrewsmom70
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Does he pay half of daycare when you have the child?
kitty8199
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:31 PM
No he's full of it.
There is a rule called right of first refusal though. Meaning of he can't personally watch them, you get them before a sitter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:33 PM
If its in court papers that you split daycare costs then yes u do... even if he doesn't do it like he is supposed to. And ROFR is only if it's in your court order.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
conniejo75
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:34 PM
That is not a rule. It has to be written in your co

Quoting kitty8199:

No he's full of it.

There is a rule called right of first refusal though. Meaning of he can't personally watch them, you get them before a sitter.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Oh ok.

Quoting conniejo75:

That is not a rule. It has to be written in your co

Quoting kitty8199:

No he's full of it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michiganmom5150
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 9:51 PM
My co says he pays 64% of childcare cost. But in the summer, he only pays for every other week, since they are with him. If he had to put them in daycare like I do, I would have to pay him 36%, which is my share, but he has 3 weeks paid vacation and his mom and dad watch them the other 3, so no daycare for him. I don't even have one week yet:/
MomAmy77
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:44 PM

That is a law in indiana on this. when i work on saturdays I have to ofer it to him before I ask my dad cause this is a rule in indiana . Thank you

Quoting kitty8199:

No he's full of it.

Lurion
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this

I'd call total BS on that! 

I'm not sure where you live, but in FL, child support is calculated in part, on how many nights the kids are with each parent. Whoever has them, pays for childcare during their time. 

Unless he wants to pay YOU half the rest of the year when you hire a sitter? 

MomAmy77
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:52 PM

I have read  all my court papers and  divorce degree  and it doesnt say anything about child care . We never argured or agreed about anything  on that matter cause  my child care is my  father plus it is  free on my part . Since his time is limited  he  never came across an issue thinking he should of put something on divorce papers .  he makes alot of money  per year and is  1300.00 and counting  behind on child support let alone when he does  have the kids he has left them   alone on many occasions . This is something my lawyer knows about and we are planning to  get taken care of . My boys are 10 and 7 . He abuses my oldest and that is another issue . In the Indiana  child guide line report  it shows what his and my responsablities  that we have to follow the  rules and it does say that when he has them on  his time he is the on duty parent and vice versa . It also says when the on duty has them he is  responsasable  for all child care cost  during his  time as the non primary parent

Quoting conniejo75:

If its in court papers that you split daycare costs then yes u do... even if he doesn't do it like he is supposed to. And ROFR is only if it's in your court order.

MomAmy77
by on Jun. 9, 2013 at 10:53 PM

thank you  all for the support and responces

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)