Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Statistics on dating sites!

Posted by   + Show Post
Driving to work yesterday morning and on the radio they were saying that relationships that start on dating sites have longer and happier marriages then people who don't. i know with my situation i am no where near being ready to date but thinking this may be where i start. what are your experiences in dating sites? do you agree?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 2:36 AM
Replies (11-16):
Courtny10
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 1:04 PM

I was on a dating site, I am 22 years old. Sad to say I had no luck and I tried match, plenty of fish, and eharmony. I had no luck at all! The guys were total jerks, and even the ones that seemed nice were complete losers. I would not recommend it for anyone!

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jun. 10, 2013 at 1:28 PM

no luck so far but i'm not really invested in it

sid1083
by Silver Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 4:47 PM

I think you can find a statistic that supports darn near anything. Online dating, like anything else in life will have its pitfalls and successes.

Blessed_Mommy87
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 8:38 PM

I would agree with you somewhat and I was in the sam eposition where I taught military guys were the worst when I have tried dating some. But when I met my bf that all changed he is a good man and is like  amna from a fairytale book. And for someone who never been a father he steped in when their dad walked away and he is really good with my kids. I couldn't ask for anyone better. So I have learned there are good ones just have to go through a lot of hurt before finding one:)

Quoting chirpymama87:

My parents started dating after meeting on AOL... 15 years ago. Lol.
"Happier", ehhhh, but it's worked out nice.
As for me, 25 going on 26, 2 beautiful babies from a once responsible guy I had dated for 3 5 years from a dating site

If you choose a dating site, I'd suggest the man you date next to not be a broken man. LOL. Mommy complexes and such... Military guys are the worst! So be super careful!

kidlover2
by Bronze Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 8:43 PM
I was never going to "stoop" to online dating, but less than 24 hours after a trial run, I met my fiancée and we're getting married in a few weeks. :) I would be careful though. I've heard horrible stories and rumors.
kitcal78
by Gigi on Jun. 12, 2013 at 12:58 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol I had a similar experience. I would get guys late 40s +. I'm like are they paying attention. I have a 15 month old. You will be tired just looking at my kid. Avlot of guys from out of state or no where close to me. Sorry I barely have time to go down the street. Let alone drive 30+ minutes to date. I joined single parent met and black Christian mingle.com. Both were a waste. Maybe in a few more months I will try again. Maybe...

Quoting steviechick:

I'm biting the bullet and have joined up with ChristianMingle.  If that doesn't pan out I'm trying OurTime.  I only signed up for a month.  I would think after a month and there's no interest/messaging with anyone I'm going to try OurTime.  I would think that if either doesn't pan out at least I tried.  So far I've got a lot of interests but those are from ugly guys and older men.  I have sent a few interests and so far they have only looked at my profile.  Not sure if they think I'm not interesting.   Not sure what to think actually.  I look for a lot of things in the profile.  First - their photo, then their interets, if they have pics of them with their kids.  Something telling me they are 'trustworthy'.  There are a lot of questionable guys even in ChristianMinge.  I'm going to be very cautious with whomever I hook-up with.  Messaging for a while then hopefully a meet-up.  Besides doing the on-line dating thing if you don't meet someone at work, out and about or through other social venues I don't know how you will find a SO. 

I'm doing what I can - slowly.  I won't make another mistake picing out a loser/scumbag.

I'm going to take things very slowly. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)