Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Annoying married people.....

Posted by   + Show Post

Ok, i am the ONLY single girl out of all my friends who live in the same state as me.  Most of the time it isnt a problem.  

I was just messaging my best friend.  I told her this year that I want to do something for my birthday in July.  Last year I didnt do anything but sit at home by myself (my girls were at their dads) and it made me majorly depressed.  Im not expecting a huge party every year but all my friends husband plan dinners and stuff for them, well I dont have that and I feel stupid planning my own party, I feel like Im begging people to acknowledge me, lol!  

Well anyway, I told her I want to do something.  She said "yeah we will do something, even if its just dinner.  But only if boys are allowed!"  WTF man!!  I didnt say anything about it being all girls, but now that I think of it, that sounds fun to me!  A girls night.  My bff is totally anti-girls night.  I dont know why....well I do know why...shes stuck up her hubbys butt.   They dont go anywhere alone.  She will do work lunches with me alone but thats it, anything else and its "Cany my hubby come?"  I like him and all, but sometimes its nice to be alone with your girlfriends.  Maybe its just me being single that makes it so annoying but damn!  I didnt expect her to just come out and say it like that.  So now its making me not want to do anything because I'm going to have to be the 5th wheel again ON MY BDAY!   Ugh.  

by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Replies (11-20):
steviechick
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 3:38 PM

I would simply tell your friend that you want a GNO - no males allowed.  If she wants to bring the hubby and insists then I would make plans with your other friends.  If she's a friend she will leave her hubby at home.  That's sad how clingy she is with him. 

What do you plan on doing for your b-day?  Dinner, drinks, dancing? 

Stephd710
by Silver Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 3:41 PM

Easier said than done.  All my friends are good freinds (except annoying crap like that every once in awhile).  But i cant just go out and meet single people.  This town doesnt work that way.  

Quoting faerie75:

Make friends w single girls. I hates hanging a couples when I was single too.

Stephd710
by Silver Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 3:43 PM

I just want to do dinner at this nice place that serves the wine I like!  I know most of my friends dont like to go out to the bar, so im not even planning on the dancing part.  So that means like 2 hours away from him tops???  It is really sad.  Its not like they are newlyweds either, theyve been married 4 years. 

Quoting steviechick:

I would simply tell your friend that you want a GNO - no males allowed.  If she wants to bring the hubby and insists then I would make plans with your other friends.  If she's a friend she will leave her hubby at home.  That's sad how clingy she is with him. 

Momto8kidsyay
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 3:44 PM
I think it's great when spouses want to be together a lot. It shows their love and commitment.
steviechick
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 3:49 PM

I love wine, too.  Riesling is my favorite.  It's actually healthy to be apart from your husband.  A GNO is no big deal.  My friends and I do that a lot.  In fact, I have three friends that are married and love to hang out without their husbands.  It's like 'freedom from kids and husbands' for a few hours.  I did it, too, when I was happily married. 

Quoting Stephd710:

I just want to do dinner at this nice place that serves the wine I like!  I know most of my friends dont like to go out to the bar, so im not even planning on the dancing part.  So that means like 2 hours away from him tops???  It is really sad.  Its not like they are newlyweds either, theyve been married 4 years. 

Quoting steviechick:

Stephd710
by Silver Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 4:00 PM

But when she cant take 2 hours to come to dinner without him??? 

Quoting Momto8kidsyay:

I think it's great when spouses want to be together a lot. It shows their love and commitment.

Stephd710
by Silver Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 4:02 PM

I did it too when I was married!  THere is nothing wrong with it.  She was never this way before she got married.  It annoys the piss out of me.  I think its more the way she said it.  I didnt even say "girls only" before she said "only if boys are allowed!"  

Quoting steviechick:

I love wine, too.  Riesling is my favorite.  It's actually healthy to be apart from your husband.  A GNO is no big deal.  My friends and I do that a lot.  In fact, I have three friends that are married and love to hang out without their husbands.  It's like 'freedom from kids and husbands' for a few hours.  I did it, too, when I was happily married. 

Quoting Stephd710:

Quoting steviechick:

Momto8kidsyay
by on Jun. 10, 2013 at 4:05 PM
Many ppl value their time with their spouse. They often both work and have hectic lives and that time is very limited. I think it's normal to want to be together. If you want an experts view on it go to http://marriagebuilders.com.
Stephd710
by Silver Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this

LOL  no thanks.  Even when I was married, I managed to make time for my friends.  And no, they spend every evening together, every weekend they are both off, they only have one kid.  They are together all the time.  I think its crap she cant take two hours out of ONE evening to come eat dinner.  I dont need an experts opinion for that.  

Quoting Momto8kidsyay:

Many ppl value their time with their spouse. They often both work and have hectic lives and that time is very limited. I think it's normal to want to be together. If you want an experts view on it go to http://marriagebuilders.com.

mrsary
by Silver Member on Jun. 10, 2013 at 4:06 PM
1 mom liked this
Most of my hang out buddies are married, but take breaks from their husbands. While the men do men stuff us ladies do our own thing. Sometimes we all do things together, but being single doesn't make a diff.
I don't hang out with the kind of women who have to be under their SO/DH all the time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN