Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Dating a guy with no job

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm 32 and am a single mom of a 7 year old daughter.  I don't date when my daughter is with me, so my dating options are limited to every other wekeend - which kinda stinks for my dating life lol.

I met this guy through a mutual friend and we really hit it off.  I've been out with him four times and, I know its early, he makes me feel cared for, important and special.

Trouble is, he doesn't have a job.  Hasn't had one in almost five years.

He lives with his sister, who is single, and helps to raise her three kids.  His sister works at a factory, 12 hour days and 6 days a week so he plays "housewife" and cooks, cleans, and helps with the kids.

Please don't think I'm a whore - just selfish sometimes... and I don't usually sleep with men after this short of time, but I had sex with him and it was amazing.

I don't know if I should continue to see him, because the "no job" thing does really bother me.  The sex is really good... but its more than that... I feel a connection with him I haven't felt in a long time with a man.

Help? 

by on Jun. 11, 2013 at 1:03 PM
Replies (51-51):
virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:55 AM

If he was caring for his sister's children or his own Mother he still can work. I took care of my mother for years and still worked.

For almost 5 years..he has no income at all. It's just unheard of for me to know of too many men not working for this extended amount of time.

And those I know of not working are on disability, lazy, in and out of jail with felonies.

Quoting hnjen12:

You know why are we bashing this guy. If he was living with his sick mom talking care of her b/c she couldn't afford a nursing home or hospice, we would think that was so sweet & caring of him, but the fact that he is stepping up & helping to care for his sisters kids, I would fall in love with a day. Sure a job would help, maybe he can try an get like a night or weekend job. I just don't understand why we are bashing a man that he trying to do something good.

Quoting DieselsMom:

She works at a factory..I highly doubt that she makes enough to "pay" him..Also...if she is just "paying for his stuff" then does she get to tell him what he can and can not purchase? how does he pay for dates???

Quoting hnjen12:

Maybe they have an agreement that she pays for his stuff in exchange for all that he does. Kinda like a live in nanny.

Quoting DieselsMom:

Money isn't everything, but it is something.....you need money to survive!!! I agree with the other poster that this sounds like his WIFE and not his SISTER

Quoting hnjen12:

Well the way I see it he does have a job, sure it doesn't pay money, but he is helping to provide for a family, he is making it so his sister can work & not have to worry about daycare & all that stuff. I say go for it. Money isn't everything. Flip the shoe, how would you feel if he broke up with you b/c you didn't have a job.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)