Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

First vacation with BF...couldn't wait until it ended

Posted by   + Show Post

So the new boyfriend and I took a relatively short vacation together this past weekend while the kids are with ex DH for the summer.  During the school year, we don't get to spend that much time together but have managed to work out a relationship that I guess is working.  The whole trip, I just kept picking up on things that he did that annoyed me; i.e. his terrible snoring, know-it-all-attitude and stubbornness.  I'm not sure if it was because it was our first chunk of real time spent together or what, but I couldn't wait to get home to a peaceful nights sleep and not having to deal with anyones' moods.  If this is what I'm pushing for, I'm not sure I want it.  Anyone else feel like a serious relationship (ie putting up with another man) may not be what they really want?  I guess after being married and now divorced, I just don't feel like dealing with having to compromise with another person.

Navi

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Replies (11-15):
NaviHope
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:19 PM

I guess I am moody too because I just go through periods when I just don't want to make the effort or be bothered.  The trip overall was nice but that last night, I wanted to kill him for the snoring.  I like my peace and quiet and fear I may not want to give that up.  It's like you want the company but don't want the disruption.  I mainly like companionship but don't feel like a relationship.

Navi

Robsessed98
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:26 PM
Maybe he's not the right on or else you need to ease up a bit. Compromise is a big part of any relationship and if you're not willing to give any, you won't make it work even with the perfect man.
vbway
by Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 12:04 AM

You just made me realize that my hearing impairment may be a blessing in the future lol. I could just take my hearing aids off and like magic all the snoring would stop ;)

But seriously, maybe you just aren't ready. I was in a relationship that lasted 12 years, I could see needing some time to yourself. I think the ideal situation for you would be dating someone who is willing to keep i casual and not be all up in your business lol. 

Best of luck finding that happy median. 

Quoting NaviHope:

I guess I am moody too because I just go through periods when I just don't want to make the effort or be bothered.  The trip overall was nice but that last night, I wanted to kill him for the snoring.  I like my peace and quiet and fear I may not want to give that up.  It's like you want the company but don't want the disruption.  I mainly like companionship but don't feel like a relationship.

Navi

rfhsure
by Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 1:14 AM

I am in the exact same boat right now. My boyfriend is wonderful and I love him. But I am with my son 24/7, and I have the ex to worry about and I live at home. Including my boyfriend, that's the emotions of 4 different people I have to keep in balance to keep my life in balance. All that focus on making them happy really makes it hard to focus on keeping myself happy too. My man is such a a great person, but I'm really questioning if a serious relationship is what's right for me right now.

mhaney03
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 1:24 AM
I am not cut out for human companionship.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN