Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

High Heels LOL

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 6:52 PM
  • 28 Replies

So here is something I wanna ask you ladies... do you love high heels?

I don't wear them every day, but a lot. Specially in summer. Wedges rock.

I do love my shoes. I am 5'8 so when I put on a pair of 3" to 4" heels I am hitting the heights. 

I have indeed had relationships with confidence men, who were shorter than me that actually LOVED it when I had on my heels and towered over them. They beamed with pride, that such a woman would be on their arm. 

Then I have dated a few men my height that were completely INSECURE and hated it when I was taller.

They shit talked high heels, claimed they hated them. LOL When I know for a fact, their short ex-gf's sported heels all the time. So umm yah, heel hating is a bad cover up for a man's inferiority complex.

And for the record, I can dance, I can walk, even run need be, I do everything in heels. Sure some times I might walk a little slower - but what is the rush in life? If I am out and look fine in my heels, why do I need to break a sweat to get somewhere?

Earlier this year, I went out for a rare night out *you single mommies get how precious it is* so I indulged in wearing a pair of ridiculous heels. I danced and had a great time, not the least bothered by my heels. However, my ride for the night (hestiant to call it a date) however had his car towed. Yeah, so we had to wander around in a crappy part of town, on cobble stone to attempt to hail a cab before all the others. He was pissed that I couldn't run after one. Seriously. Major fail on his part. Blaming me for his failure, even bigger loss.

Anyway, I love my heels. Thank goodness my new man is nice and tall - but most of all not insecure!

What about you? When you get the chance do you sport some heel?

by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 6:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:19 AM
3 moms liked this
No. I am also 5"8. I hate heels. They might be cute or make my legs look good but there is nothing cute about how my face looks due to being uncomfty lol. Also, why wouldn't a shorter man have an inferiority complex? At my height I am not into men shorter than me and I know I'm not the only one. Lol that said he def shouldnt be hating on your shoes if he chooses to date you, a taller woman. Enjoy those shoes for me ;)
diaperstodating
by Angel on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:22 AM
1 mom liked this
No. I'm short and I don't wear heels.
mom2priceboys
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Also dont wear heels but that is becasue I am old and they hurt my knees lol however in my 20s I wore them everywhere. I had a similar story about a broken down motorcycle where we had to walk about 3 miles to his house lol

rfhsure
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 3:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I LOVE heels. I almost never wear them lol. I love them though. I want to get cute heels all the time, I get heel envy. But they are just not practical!

maia188
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:22 AM
1 mom liked this
Me too and when I do its once in a blue moon for a special occasion.

Quoting diaperstodating:

No. I'm short and I don't wear heels.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lnrmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I love heels. My back does not. :(
easinpc
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this

I go back and forth on wearing them.  I'm only 5'6" though so I can get away with wearing them a little easier!

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:20 AM
2 moms liked this

I am 5'8 as well and hate heels. I cannot walk for the more run in them. I have a huge complex about my height and have a difficult time dating anyone either the same height or an inch taller than me (my ex). Is it stupid? Probably, but that is just one of the requirements, 5'11 and up thanks.

Lovingmommy1028
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this

i cant walk in heels but i like wedges better 

lnrmom
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:59 AM
1 mom liked this
I used to be like that. But I have a herniated disc in my lower back and arthritis from top to bottom. So now I have to be more careful. If I wear heels, I have to have flats to change into as the night wears on or I'll be in a world of hurt later.

Quoting SoontobaMom:My back hurts worse if Im wearing a lower heel or flats 

Quoting lnrmom:I love heels. My back does not. :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)