Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I will not allow my son...

Posted by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:01 PM
  • 9 Replies
I was with my sons father for 8 years. The whole time he was abusive in more ways than one. I stayed for that long because I didn't not want my son to grow up in a broken home. I started to realize this situation was not good for my child. I packed my things and my sons things and moved back to my parents. This was Feb 2008. Today my son is amazing. He is very polite, smart, just an over all wonderful child.
Here's where my problem lies. I went to court to get custody of my son in 2008. My sons father never showed so I got sole physical custody and he got no visitation. I did however go after him for child support. He was court ordered to pay $25 a month. My son has never seen a dime, but I'm ok with that. He is my son, I can take care and provide for him on my own. My sons father has not seen my son since the day I walked out. Today I am married to a lovely man who accepts my son as his own. A man that wants to adopt my son. I am starting the paper work for adoption and to have my sons fathers rights taken away. I downloaded an app on mg phone last night that tells me where sexual predators live. I found out that the woman my sons father is married to is on this list for 2nd degree sexual assault. Do you ladies think that I will have a problem getting my husband to adopt my son, being my sons father doesn't try I get into contact with my son, doesn't pay child support, and his wife is on that list? Oh let me add that she has 4 kids that were taken away from her because of her history.
by on Jun. 12, 2013 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
vbway
by Member on Jun. 12, 2013 at 10:21 PM

In my state 6 months of no contact is enough to have the parents rights terminated. My ex hasn't seen his kids in 4 years and hasn't spoken to them in 3. No letters, card or emails either. I could have his rights terminated, but I don't want wake a sleeping lion if you know what I mean. 

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 4:00 PM

I don't think you'll have any problems.

steviechick
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Well considering who your ex married add that to the fact that your ex has abandoned his own child I don't think you have any problems.

staceyp6180
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Thank you ladies. I'm hoping for an easy time, however I do know it can take up to a year and he may try to give me hell but I am up for it.
Robsessed98
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 4:44 PM
It can be tricky, but I'd think you've got a good shot.
staceyp6180
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Thank you

Quoting Robsessed98:

It can be tricky, but I'd think you've got a good shot.
LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:53 PM
I'd give it a shot

Quoting steviechick:

Well considering who your ex married add that to the fact that your ex has abandoned his own child I don't think you have any problems.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
easinpc
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Good luck!!

staceyp6180
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:35 PM
Thank you

Quoting easinpc:

Good luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN