Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Would you date... UPDATE

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:20 AM
  • 27 Replies

Would you date someone that has a conviction of domestic abuse? Say the "abuse" was supposedly him holding her wrist to keep her from continuing to hit him and then breaking her phone. What would you do ladies :-)

Well even though my guy instincts say he is an ok guy I would never put my kids at risk like that. Thanks for reaffirming my decision laides I will continue to be patient and wait for 'Mr Right' :-P

by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MeeshMom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:24 AM
3 moms liked this
How can you confirm that story is true? Men lie about things like that. My bd lied to me about why he almost got discharged from the military 2 years premature. He said paperwork mixup. Turns out he got arrested for assault. Ive dated liars and don't chance it with criminals either.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saraadria
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:25 AM
2 moms liked this

NEVER.  This is not worth the risk AT ALL.

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:25 AM

The key word is "supposedly". That is his side of the story. We all know there are three sides to every domestic story, his side, her side and the truth. Of which the truth is usually a little of hers and a little of his, twisted to put the appropriate person in the wrong.

In a nutshell? No, I would not date someone with a conviction of domestic abuse. For the sole fact that either a jury or a judge found him guilty or he pleaded guilty to avoid further penalties. Either way it happened, there was something that went on that at minimum prosecutors thought he had done something wrong. In order to protect myself and my kids it would be a no-go. Not to mention if my ex learned of that kind of past in a bf he could use it against me in child custody.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:27 AM

no 

deltathree
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:54 AM
3 moms liked this

NO WAY!!!  Huge red flag.  You're asking for major trouble & you know beforehand.

Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:45 PM

No and it is unlikely you are getting the whole story. Of course he is going to twist it around to make it sound less of a deal than it is.

owl0210
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:56 PM
No!!!!!
mz23
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Nope. And men will lie if they think if theres even a slither of a chance they'll get away with it. And there's no way of knowing the true story, so id keep it moving.
Elle.tea.22
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:00 PM
No convictions of any kind.
steviechick
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

If he was convicted of domestic abuse he did something.  It doesn't matter what his side of the story is.  A history like that would be a huge red flag. 

There are other fish in the sea...........

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)