Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Would you date... UPDATE

Posted by   + Show Post

Would you date someone that has a conviction of domestic abuse? Say the "abuse" was supposedly him holding her wrist to keep her from continuing to hit him and then breaking her phone. What would you do ladies :-)

Well even though my guy instincts say he is an ok guy I would never put my kids at risk like that. Thanks for reaffirming my decision laides I will continue to be patient and wait for 'Mr Right' :-P

by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 10:20 AM
Replies (21-27):
a06z08mama
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Hell no!!
michiganmom5150
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 11:38 AM
Nope! Been there, done that. My bf now would hurt someone if they were messing with me, but he would never hurt me. There are usually signs.
Bellmont
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Not if I know about it

Kenzie_2
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 2:57 PM
That's a hard one for me! I probably wouldn't, but it really would depend on how I felt about the person and how long we had been already seeing each other before he told me. I myself have a misdemeanor for assault because I punched my ex in the face while he was inches from me telling me that I was a c*nt, I was ugly, he deserved better, blah blah blah and honestly I feel like he deserved it! I don't regret it, paid my fine and now that charge is getting expunged. I would feel like a hypocrite if I judged him solely off that, but when I have gotten into serious relationships I didn't tell them of my charge until he had a chance to get to know me. I wanted them to realize that I am not a violent person, but that it was a one time instance.
kitcal78
by Gigi on Jun. 15, 2013 at 2:37 AM
Honey with all the nonsense we as single moms have on our plates NO.

Don't entertain him. If you will like some chicks do at least investigate what he is saying.
Baby5678
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 2:51 AM
No no and no. My daughter doesn't need to be around anything like that
JaniceDeane
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:14 PM

ABSOLUTELY NOT

Every abuser has an excuse.  If they actually admitted it, they would be well on their way to recovery.  But honestly, even in the unlikely event that it's true and it was "all her fault" then why was he even with her?  The healthy self confidence you want in a healthy, well adjusted partner would never put up with that in the first place.

So, in a word:  NO

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)