Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Dating and birth control.

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:50 PM
  • 4 Replies

Now that I have a BF, I have had to re-evaluate my birth control options.  Ex DH had a vasectomy after dd was born so I had not used anything in years.  I was on the pill in high school and a little of college but went off in between long stretches of singleness.  I am uncomfortable with hormonal forms of birth control, the biggest reason being they were not recommended due to my autoimmune disorder diagnosis.  I have heard horror stories of the Mirena causing heavy bleeding, falling out or becoming stuck.  Right now we use condoms and I track my ovulation by calender method.  I abstain from sex during my highest fertility times (ovulation).  I would feel so much more comfortable with another form of protection but I just don't know what.  My kids are 9 and 11 and I am over 35 so I definitely do not want anymore babies.  Sometimes I don't even want to have sex because I fear pregnancy.  So many things to worry about when being a divorced mom is hard enough.  What options have you ladies taken?

Navi

by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
gmoen1977
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:06 PM

If you know your done what about a tubal ligation?  and if you like still use condoms as a back up

Robsessed98
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:15 PM
Due to your age, I'd suggest talking to your gyn.
momto3B
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 2:22 PM

If you definitey do not  want anymore children, why not have your tubes tied? 

Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 3:56 PM

I have also faced this. I was on the nuva ring. It is sooo easy to put in and remove. You put it in when you start your cycle then take it out 3 weeks later. Then exactly 4 weeks after you orig put it in, you put in another one.

The guy i'm seeing has told me he has had a vasectomy so yay,,,no need to worry about this right now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)