Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Off Topic.....Allergies

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 5:40 PM
  • 19 Replies

Who else had bad seasonal allergies this year??  I swear I'm about to rip my eyeballs right out of my head.  I dont get the sneezing stuff, but omg my eyes.  They will cloud up (i wear contacts) and then proceed to turn red and leak yellow crap for hours.  Its pretty darn gross.  Then I have to take my contacts out and wear my glasses, which I HATE.  The allergy drops arent working for me this year for some reason.  I hate this.  The dr told me since its not coming out of my nose or down my throat like most people, it comes out of my eyes.  Great.  Perfect.  

by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barblicious
by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Are there off topics? LOL

Sorry to hear your allergies are so bad. I normally get them very bad too, but I started taking Echinancea and this Spring and Summer have been really good to me - so far. I am allergic to grass pollen. I feel you pain.

vbway
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:43 PM

I was just discussing this yesterday. My allergies are way worse this year than they have ever been. There is a lot of pollen in the air. For several weeks, my van was blanketed in yellow pollen. I would wash it and it would be covered within a few hours. 

LifeCafe42
by Nora on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Lol me I hate these yellow wild flowers that bloom on the side of the road every year everyone thinks I have pink eye
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sj218
by Member on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:58 PM
I live by using zaditor drops. Without them I would not be able to function.
MomAmy77
by Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 7:34 AM

I have very bad eczema . It's horrible 

Stephd710
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:59 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah me too, I have to keep saying, "No it not pink eye and I'm not crying."

Quoting LifeCafe42:

Lol me I hate these yellow wild flowers that bloom on the side of the road every year everyone thinks I have pink eye

deltathree
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Mine have been bad this year,too.  Been taking benadryl at night.

breebree04
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Ive heard the Zaditor (over the counter) eye drops work good for allegies. My son has bad allergies and he takes the Pataday (prescription) eye drops but they are very expensive for one tiny bottle, I am going to try the Zaditor with him and see if they work. Everyones allergies are so bad this year. People that dont normally have a reaction are going crazy with allergy symptoms. My son is still dealing with allergy symptoms even though hes on 3 different meds for it and just started getting allergy shots. The cottonwood is horrible here this year, seriously looks like its snowing in some places. Good Luck, hope you find something that works.

Stephd710
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Im using them.  They work.....a little.  haha!  

Quoting breebree04:

Ive heard the Zaditor (over the counter) eye drops work good for allegies. My son has bad allergies and he takes the Pataday (prescription) eye drops but they are very expensive for one tiny bottle, I am going to try the Zaditor with him and see if they work. Everyones allergies are so bad this year. People that dont normally have a reaction are going crazy with allergy symptoms. My son is still dealing with allergy symptoms even though hes on 3 different meds for it and just started getting allergy shots. The cottonwood is horrible here this year, seriously looks like its snowing in some places. Good Luck, hope you find something that works.

breebree04
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:00 PM

lol you could try taking some benadryl too. When my sons eyes are really bad, I give him his eye drops and a benadryl (usually a few hours after he takes his prescribed allergy meds). It usually helps him enough that hes not trying to scratch his eyes out!

Quoting Stephd710:

Im using them.  They work.....a little.  haha!  

Quoting breebree04:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)