Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Off Topic.....Allergies

Posted by   + Show Post

Who else had bad seasonal allergies this year??  I swear I'm about to rip my eyeballs right out of my head.  I dont get the sneezing stuff, but omg my eyes.  They will cloud up (i wear contacts) and then proceed to turn red and leak yellow crap for hours.  Its pretty darn gross.  Then I have to take my contacts out and wear my glasses, which I HATE.  The allergy drops arent working for me this year for some reason.  I hate this.  The dr told me since its not coming out of my nose or down my throat like most people, it comes out of my eyes.  Great.  Perfect.  

by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 5:40 PM
Replies (11-19):
Stephd710
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Yeah im going to take some tonight.  I cant take it during the day, it knocks me out and I have to work. LOL!

Quoting breebree04:

lol you could try taking some benadryl too. When my sons eyes are really bad, I give him his eye drops and a benadryl (usually a few hours after he takes his prescribed allergy meds). It usually helps him enough that hes not trying to scratch his eyes out!

Quoting Stephd710:

Im using them.  They work.....a little.  haha!  

Quoting breebree04:

Ive heard the Zaditor (over the counter) eye drops work good for allegies. My son has bad allergies and he takes the Pataday (prescription) eye drops but they are very expensive for one tiny bottle, I am going to try the Zaditor with him and see if they work. Everyones allergies are so bad this year. People that dont normally have a reaction are going crazy with allergy symptoms. My son is still dealing with allergy symptoms even though hes on 3 different meds for it and just started getting allergy shots. The cottonwood is horrible here this year, seriously looks like its snowing in some places. Good Luck, hope you find something that works.

rocky_mtn_mama
by Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Not only do I have seasonal allergies but I have year round allergies too.  I completely understand how you're feeling.

Are your eye drops a prescription or OTC?  Are you on anything besides using the eye drops?  I have to take Claritin, Singulair and use a nasal spray as well as OTC eye drops daily.

Stephd710
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:46 PM

OTC allergy eye drops and benadryl at night.  Its not everyday so I dont feel like I require an RX. 

Quoting rocky_mtn_mama:

Not only do I have seasonal allergies but I have year round allergies too.  I completely understand how you're feeling.

Are your eye drops a prescription or OTC?  Are you on anything besides using the eye drops?  I have to take Claritin, Singulair and use a nasal spray as well as OTC eye drops daily.

rocky_mtn_mama
by Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Lucky you!  There are days when even after all that stuff I take I still have the itchiest, runniest eyes & nose and I get terrible headaches from the sinus pressure.  :(

Quoting Stephd710:

OTC allergy eye drops and benadryl at night.  Its not everyday so I dont feel like I require an RX. 

Quoting rocky_mtn_mama:

Stephd710
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:49 PM

I just cant stand my eyes clouding up and then I woke up this morning and couldnt even open them, I guess they had been draining all night and were crusted shut, it was gross. 

Quoting rocky_mtn_mama:

Lucky you!  There are days when even after all that stuff I take I still have the itchiest, runniest eyes & nose and I get terrible headaches from the sinus pressure.  :(

Quoting Stephd710:

Quoting rocky_mtn_mama:

rocky_mtn_mama
by Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:50 PM

:(  I'm sorry.  I've had that happen a couple of times, it's not pretty.

I hope that they've been better throughout the day and that your symptoms are gone soon.

Quoting Stephd710:

I just cant stand my eyes clouding up and then I woke up this morning and couldnt even open them, I guess they had been draining all night and were crusted shut, it was gross. 

Quoting rocky_mtn_mama:

Quoting Stephd710:

Quoting rocky_mtn_mama:

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 5:36 PM

My sons have been terrible!  I hope you feel better soon!

karlarodri
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Seasonal allergies are the worst! My family and I have been dealing with them for forever and I have always been looking for solutions to apease the symptoms. One of the best methods I have found is to have indoor air ventilation. The problem was that all of the products were very expensive or ineffective. I finally have this trial product that has worked amazing for my family and I and has kept the air in our home fresh. It is called the Bonair and I recommend you take a look at their campaign video and facebook page! 

campaign: http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/bonair-vent-air-freshener/x/3381616?browse_v=old_no_dropdown&c=home

facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bonair-Vent/463602827057798?ref=hl

Quoting Stephd710:

Who else had bad seasonal allergies this year??  I swear I'm about to rip my eyeballs right out of my head.  I dont get the sneezing stuff, but omg my eyes.  They will cloud up (i wear contacts) and then proceed to turn red and leak yellow crap for hours.  Its pretty darn gross.  Then I have to take my contacts out and wear my glasses, which I HATE.  The allergy drops arent working for me this year for some reason.  I hate this.  The dr told me since its not coming out of my nose or down my throat like most people, it comes out of my eyes.  Great.  Perfect.  

thefiregoddess
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 3:04 PM

YES!

I'm from the north (Philly) and live i nthe south (KY/TN border) and I am DYING.

I am allergic to EVERYTHING native to the area, everything present in the area and then some

I can wake up with my eyes crusted shut, my nose swollen shut, geographic tongue, my skin is so red and itchy its flaking.. and I'm constantly covered in hives!

I take zyrtec AND allegra each day, i get allergy shots 3 times a week every week (and have for 2 years) AND I have 2 nasal sprays.. and I STILL want to rip nose, eyeballs and skin off and OUT!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN