Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Seeking Justice For The Children!

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:51 PM
  • 0 Replies
1 mom liked this

My name is Jessica and I am new member to this group. I am 26 yrs old as of this Sunday. That's right, my birthday is falling on father's day this year. I am from Pennsylvania and sorta kinda consider myself a single parent. Well I'm not anymore because I have found a loving man and have been married for almost 3 years now. But before I met my husband I was indeed a single mother. I remember how hard it can be and how lonely it can be. 

I'm really big into computer designing, event planning and pretty much anything creative. I'm super upbeat and positive. I'm an open book, very talkative and very easy to talk too!..lol! I definitely consider myself a people person. I'm open minded and always trying to help people. I had a difficult upbringing but I'm thankful for my experiences because I think it's helped me become a humble person! My latest task is trying to help single women who are not having any luck with Domestic Relation Offices. I have recently started a petition to Congress to seek Justice for the children involved in child support cases. 

Today i found out that my child support order is being suspended without my consent. And was also informed that after being suspended for so long, they will take it upon themselves to close my child support order as well. This is being done because the biological father has basically run off and won't except responsibility. He has had no contact with my son since the day my son was born. He truly is the real definition of a dead beat father. He even falls under the child abandonment act in PA. He has played the system so well that we are now to the point that the system is giving up and not doing anything to punish him. The neglect he has shown my son is inexcusable in my eyes. So it really got me thinking...how many other women go through this? And where is the justice for the neglect our children experience? The whole experience has actually inspired me to take a stand for other women and children in our position as well. My husband wold like to legally adopt my son. But without the biologically sperm donors approval, it is quite pricey and is such a timely process. I know that none of you ladies know me too well just yet but if you'd like to join my cause please feel free to sign my petition

Seeking Justice For The Children

I hope that I have been able to show a little bit about myself and do look forward to talking and meeting new women here. You are all highly respected in my eyes. The love and care you give to your child/ren regardless of how hard times can be, says a lot about what kind of person you are. So...

by on Jun. 13, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)