Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Its just slipped out

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 1:41 PM
  • 14 Replies

So I have been divorced for about three years now and I was at the exes house to visit his new babies with his new wife (side note: she died during the birth so I am helping out, I know its wierd)  well some one was trying to get his attention and he didnt hear them..so i poked him and said "Honey"..I dont think anyone heard me, but now its like why did i call him that?  

Anyone else find themsleves doing this??

by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
GoldenLinds
by Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this
I have no contact with him. Right now things are too tense for me to let my guard down and slip like that but in your shoes I'm sure I absolutely would. But I'd also rationalize it. Its no big deal because I also call my best friend's husband honey.
steviechick
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 1:57 PM
1 mom liked this

When I was separated from my ex the only communication we had between us was through e-mail.  I had to talk to him about our daughter's wisdom teeth operation while he was under TriCare.  I hated the idea of having anything to do with him because he made my skin crawl, but I had no choice.  Several times during our e-mail exchanges he signed off 'Love' several times.  It bothered me to see him write this since he cheated on me and treated me like I was garbage and trashed me in the process.  I guess when you actually love someone it's hard to not write how you feel.  And, as hard as it was for me see this word coming from my lying, cheating piece of garbage stbx, it made me feel cold inside and unsettled if that makes any sense. 

It's hard to separate yourself from your ex or stbx when you still have feelings for him no matter how hurtful he was to you. 

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this

My ex calls me honey sometimes. I don't really care. To me its disrespecting his new wife, which he does in numerous other ways. I ignore it.

Kenzie_2
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 2:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Thats really sad that his wife died :(

I haven't gone as far as saying things like that, but I have almost done familiar relationship gestures.  Nothing to romantic, but just things that we used to do to each other when we were married.  It feels really weird when I think about it or almost do it.

rocky_mtn_mama
by Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

No, I haven't done that, thank goodness.

Stephd710
by Silver Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this

No but my ex has said "bye love you" to me on the phone numerous times by mistake.  I just laugh at him and hang up. 

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 5:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I haven't but there have been a few times that my ex has called me his wife (which he's been remarried for almost 5 years now) when referring to me in a conversation with other people lol.

kristine1274
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:09 PM

thank you for all the responses...

Chunkymunkey922
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:14 PM
I did that once. About two months after I moved out we were in the er with dd (she broke her leg) and I asked him to go get something and called him hun.
kristine1274
by on Aug. 21, 2013 at 9:16 PM

ouch awkward  ;)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)