Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

Father's Day - Do you do anything for him if he's around?

Posted by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:46 PM
  • 2 Replies

Im conflicted on whether or not to have my son make anything for his dad.  For mother's day DS spent the previous night at his dads house and the next morning (mother's day) when I picked him up he hadn't made so much as even a card!!  I thought his dad would at least have asked him if he wanted to draw a pic.  But I got nothing...ex did send me a text that day thanking me for being a great mom, so that was nice i guess..but I was really hurt.  I have a feeling he didn't have DS do anything because of his new GF.  I don't know how much influence she has on him and if that's the case that really blows!  but that's just speculation on my part.  So I wonder if I should do something for him for father's day.  I've asked my son if he wants to make something and he says "I'll give hima a kiss and a hug"  which is fine with me.  But would you or do you do anything for the dad if he is active in the kids lives?

by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 8:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
lucasmadre
by on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I can relate, the same thing happened with my X and mother's day but I took the high road and helped my son buy him a gift. But...if your son wants to give him a kiss and a hug, go with it and buy yourself something for father's day since you probably do more fathering than he does, am I right?

aidensmom0407
by Member on Jun. 14, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Yes you are right!  I don't want to be petty or chldish so that's why at least I asked DS if he wanted to make something. 

I can relate, the same thing happened with my X and mother's day but I took the high road and helped my son buy him a gift. But...if your son wants to give him a kiss and a hug, go with it and buy yourself something for father's day since you probably do more fathering than he does, am I right?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN