Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

dating deal breakers

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:12 AM
  • 7 Replies
Omg! Zoosk is about as bad as POF. DONT THEY READ PROFILE?
Recently had a guy tell me I looked old and fat..ladies, he was heavy too.

My DO NOT DATE LIST!
1. No car
2. No job/lazy
3. Lives with parents
4.smokes, drinks in xcess, uses drugs
5.abusive
6.out of my race
7. Can't accept that my dau comes first!
8.bald, toothless and more wrinkles than a sharpie dog.....

The list could go on....if rather be alone the deal with an A HOLE!! Thx for letting me vent!
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mz23
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:01 AM

How is someone outside your race automatically an a hole? Or maybe he's taking care of his parents so he moved in or is living with them while attending med school : )

Oliviasmom72
by Silver Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:59 AM
There's an identical thread below but I agree with you. I have an ad on pof. My age range is 35-45. Most guys in my age group are bald, fat, and I'm getting hits from black guys and shorter. No interest at all.

Embarrassingly enough I met a guy last year who sadly fits about half the categories you listed. We only dated for 2 months but he was a bum. He was cute and we got along great but he had just moved out here and was unemployed, a huge pothead, a big drinker and smoker, and he lived with his mom. He said it was only temp but I bet he is still there.
gmoen1977
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 5:22 PM

All of the dating sites are horable.  I finally gave up on dating sites and decided to jus enjoy what I wanted and maybe meet someone that way.  i did playing pool one night with friends.  That was 4 months ago.

anyway. to your list make a list of what you want in your mate what is a must and what is a could deal with.  I ended up finding someone with all but one quality I had on the list.  He is a smoker but wants to quit, he knows I lost my dad last year to lung cancer.  i can deal with the smoking because he doesn't do it near me and when I am he is respectful of my space being smoke free.

as for living with parents might want to consider why he is.  my SO lived at home for the last two years after he ended it with a long term relationship of 10 years and since he is gone for work 80% of the time it made cents to live at home when he was home.

sweetmomma113
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 12:42 PM
1 mom liked this
OK, once again I stick my foot in my mouth due to a comment I made. Let me rephrase...not all are A HOLES...I was raised not to mix races..no I'm not prejudice..just my choice. As to living at home with parents, if they r their to help parents and have a job I have no prob with it...its the ones who take advantage of the idea and are lazy...that is what turns me off!

I could go on but would git chewed up and spit out again...sorry that I stepped on ties earlier just the way I feel...
Blah-a-dee
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Mine are...

1. has to have a job

2. family ornianted

3. white or laitino [I dont find black guys attractive]

4. Must be respectful to me

5. Not a liar

6. Must have his shit together [I dont care if he is still living at home just has to have shit together]

7. Not the jealous type

That is all I have right now. 

Pooge
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 5:01 PM
Must have a job..
Not a drinker
Not living with mom
Us citizen
Same race or culture
Car
Not abusive
Pooge
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Quoting Blah-a-dee:

Mine are...

1. has to have a job

2. family ornianted

3. white or laitino [I dont find black guys attractive]

4. Must be respectful to me

5. Not a liar

6. Must have his shit together [I dont care if he is still living at home just has to have shit together]

7. Not the jealous type

That is all I have right now. 

I would leave the Latino alone..lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)