Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

any single moms out there mother to a surrogate or fatherless child?

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:15 AM
  • 4 Replies

A warm hello to everyone!!!

I am currently in the final stages of my divorce.  I have a wonderful 4 year old daughter.  I feel as if my dreams for a family and siblings for my daughter were ripped away when my life changed forever by my ex's lack of discretion.

I am seriously considering having one or two more children through a surrogate as I had some medical problems during my first pregnancy.  As my divorce has taken close to two years now, my biological clock has nearly finished as I had my daughter when I was 37 years old and my divorce proceedings started when I was 39.

Is there anyone who has gone the route of surrogacy to start or complete their family.  As my daughter has a pathetic excuse of a father, is there anyone out there who has raised upstanding children without a father in the child's life???

by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:26 PM
1 mom liked this

I was a surrogate for a friend of mine. A great resource for anyone considering surrogacy is www.surromomsonline.com

Lurion
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 12:37 PM
2 moms liked this

I'd venture to guess that a whole lot of us are raising fatherless children by one definition or another. :) 

You can create a wonderful, strong, REAL family on your own. I believe there will always be that "hole in their soul" to deal with when making this choice. Just my opinion. :) 

radimom
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Thank you for the recommendation!!!

Quoting krisnkids:

I was a surrogate for a friend of mine. A great resource for anyone considering surrogacy is www.surromomsonline.com

BostonMomma08
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 1:48 PM
I'm raising my son 100% without his sperm donor. He wanted nothing to do with us from the moment I told him I was pregnant and after getting over the initial shock I realized that I'm very okay with that seeing that he's a pathetic excuse for a man and my son doesn't need someone like that in his life. My son will be 5 next month and has never met his father. He's a great kid, very smart, well rounded, happy and healthy. So yes it can definitely be done!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN