Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Fathers day.

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:50 PM
  • 22 Replies

My ex just texted me asking for my son tomorrow through tuesday. 

Im sorry but no. NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. He is a half ass father and he wants my son on MY DAY. Yes I get mothers and fathers day. Im sorry if I come off as entitled, but our son was just in the er about a week and a half ago.. and he did not put up any money and told me that I needed to wait if I didnt have the money right then and there for him. Which cost me 6.50 extra with bank fees and whatever to withdrawl money. Then he asks about him and then nothing else until about 5 days later when he asks about him spending the night often since its the summer. 

He tells me that he is not a half ass parent. I tell him to call everyother day to talk to him. Nope. He doesnt do that.. Then he blames me for his relationship with our son. WTF.... Fuck that shit. My son is starting to hate going over there. He doesnt want to tell him in fear that he is going to get mad at him. My son sometimes ask why daddy doesnt come over and see him often. Its gotten to the point where I have said I dont know and it irratates me that I have to do his dirty work. His dad works about 6 minutes from our house. And he cant stop by because he doesnt like to be "watched" with his son, or he has some where better to be. 

Im so tired of acting like none of this bothers me. Because it bothers me to no end. 

by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MIMIBRIE
by Jayme on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:23 PM
2 moms liked this
If there is no court order of keep him too.

I dislike absent parents that feel they are entitled to holidays
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
neveragain17
by Member on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:50 PM
My thoughts on this are that you should be able to keep your son tomorrow and any day after till his dad steps up more keep your head up mama I know being a single parent I hard work I'm only just starting my journey with my dd but I'm not one to take shit from baby daddy best of luck to you :)
Blah-a-dee
by on Jun. 15, 2013 at 10:52 PM
There is but i put a clause in there for holidays that it has to be 48 hours notice.

Quoting MIMIBRIE:

If there is no court order of keep him too.

I dislike absent parents that feel they are entitled to holidays

libramoon007
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

You did the right thing. Do not lethim go. If he wants to see his son ,he knows where you live. Happy father's day to you. You deserve it. Enjoy your day. All us single mamas do great. Don't let it bother you. You said no and move on. 

Blah-a-dee
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:47 AM
Thanks. He Texted me this morning all huffy because he couldn't get him today. I told him a lie as to why he couldn't see him, but I don't care. He lies to me all the time, why can't I get away with a lie here and there. I'm going to have a great day. Happy fathers day to you guys too.
ms-superwoman
by Bronze Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 9:54 AM

My ex is the same. Never comes around, never calls, then gets mad when I wont let him take my toddler. I have to tell him over and over, your son doesn't know you, I am not just going to hand him over! Then I tell him he gets supervised visits and he tells me it's my fault he doesn't have a relationship with my son. Yea! Way to push the blame on someone else!

Blah-a-dee
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Good thing your son doesnt know him. My son is 6 and knows his dad. The other day he told me that I was the reason that daddy didnt come around. I dont think I mentioned this in the OP but my ex and his mom dont talk anymore because she had enough of the drama with him. Their last fight consisted of him telling her that she was the reason that he doesnt have a relationship with my son. Then told her that she is the reason why he yells and hits his wife. Then she told her that we had a toxic relationship also and he yelled at her to keep her nose out of OUR relationship... WTF... I wish these assholes would man the eff up. 

Quoting ms-superwoman:

My ex is the same. Never comes around, never calls, then gets mad when I wont let him take my toddler. I have to tell him over and over, your son doesn't know you, I am not just going to hand him over! Then I tell him he gets supervised visits and he tells me it's my fault he doesn't have a relationship with my son. Yea! Way to push the blame on someone else!

pedritosmama
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Court order or not, you know your child going with his father on Father's Day is the right thing to do.  Yeah, if you abided by the court order and you're not obligated, you're not going to get in trouble.  But looking good in court aside, it's Father's Day.  That's just cruel. 

Blah-a-dee
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Really? Im cruel? Whatever. It isnt the right thing to do. He is not a father figure to my son. He endangers the safety of my son when he lets 4 kids in 3 seatbelts, he doesnt not call my son often, he did not wish to put up some money for my sons meds when he really needed them and wanted me to wait, he works 6 minutes away and does not stop by at all, he will go weeks at a time if not a month at a time to see how my son is doing. He got mad at me because I forgot to tell him about the spot on his lung when he went to the er because I was tired. If he cared so much he would have come to the ER where we were instead of to the gym that morning. He has never once stayed the 5 - 6 times that I have taken him to the er. He has told me when my son has had many ear infections that I needed to keep him healthy because I kept on making him sick. He and his wife BOTH smoke cigs in their house and in their cars after asking them not to when my son comesover because he gets sick from breathing cig smoke. 

But Im cruel one and I didnt do the right thing.Yeah OK. 

Quoting pedritosmama:

Court order or not, you know your child going with his father on Father's Day is the right thing to do.  Yeah, if you abided by the court order and you're not obligated, you're not going to get in trouble.  But looking good in court aside, it's Father's Day.  That's just cruel. 

pedritosmama
by Member on Jun. 16, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Quoting Blah-a-dee:

Really? Im cruel? Whatever. It isnt the right thing to do. He is not a father figure to my son. He endangers the safety of my son when he lets 4 kids in 3 seatbelts, he doesnt not call my son often, he did not wish to put up some money for my sons meds when he really needed them and wanted me to wait, he works 6 minutes away and does not stop by at all, he will go weeks at a time if not a month at a time to see how my son is doing. He got mad at me because I forgot to tell him about the spot on his lung when he went to the er because I was tired. If he cared so much he would have come to the ER where we were instead of to the gym that morning. He has never once stayed the 5 - 6 times that I have taken him to the er. He has told me when my son has had many ear infections that I needed to keep him healthy because I kept on making him sick. He and his wife BOTH smoke cigs in their house and in their cars after asking them not to when my son comesover because he gets sick from breathing cig smoke. 

But Im cruel one and I didnt do the right thing.Yeah OK. 

Quoting pedritosmama:

If he's so bad, why did you decide to make a baby with him?  Yes, I think you are being very petty, and I'm not going to pander to you or empower you for denying Father's Day to the father of your child. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)