Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I DONT HAVE ANYBODY TO WATCH MY KIDS WHILE IM IN LABOR!!

Posted by   + Show Post
Im 6 months pregnant and its just me and my 2 kids(age 3 and 5).I live by myself and I dont have many friends,especially that live close by and I doubt my family will be around when I go into labor.And I dont have money to pay for a babysitter.I called the hospital to see if they knew of any or if they could help in that situation and they pretty much said that they wouldnt have anybody there to watch them while I was in labor.Any suggestions???
by on Jun. 16, 2013 at 8:13 PM
Replies (11-20):
heretolisten
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Be sure family will be around near time of delivery.  

sarahmiamaria
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I went through this. Luckily my mom came and took her for me in the end. I remember the fear I wouldn't find someone to help though. It'll all work out mama :-)
momto3B
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:07 AM
5 moms liked this

Where is your children's father or his family? Where is the father of the baby you are about to have or his family? 

momto3B
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:08 AM
9 moms liked this

Why is no one beside me asking where the father's of these kids are?

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:42 AM
2 moms liked this

Ask the dad of the two kids to care for them.

mama2be81
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok obviously I wouldnt be on a single mothers page if the fathers were around!One of them is dead and the other one is a deadbeat!I am in Las Vegas!and no I am not close to any of the familys!

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:48 PM
5 moms liked this

Why is it obvious? I am divorced, dad is involved in the kids lives but I'm on the single mom's page.

Make ammends with your own family. Swallow your pride and ask mom for help. Or pay for a sitter.

Or better yet, ask the dad of the new baby to help.

Quoting mama2be81:

Ok obviously I wouldnt be on a single mothers page if the fathers were around!One of them is dead and the other one is a deadbeat!I am in Las Vegas!and no I am not close to any of the familys!

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Where are you located?

jessi2girls
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Where are you from? Perhaps some of the mom's on here could give referals for a person who could babysit for free, or other resources that could help in your area.

mo75
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 12:55 PM
I agree, where is their father? Or the baby daddy? I don't know you & don't know if this child has the same father as the other two, but either way the "man" who helped make the two children should step up & take care of them for a few days.

Quoting momto3B:

Why is no one beside me asking where the father's of these kids are?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)