Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Abortion

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:34 AM
  • 36 Replies
Hey ladies. So I am far in my pregnancy I'm 26 wks and baby daddy is nuts. He still wants me to abort but of course I'm not doing it. Me and him been having problems and I will be a single mom. He's still trying to convince me to abort more like pressuring me cause he doesn't want this kid and he is leaving out of the country for more than 5 yrs. He just doesn't want to be a father and think the baby wil be a problem. I don't care what he says or thinks yeah he's right I'm young I'm 20 but I won't throw my baby life away. My question is what is the latest you can be to have an abortion? and can't the mother be in risk too? I live in Illinois and no I'm not aborting my baby I'm facing my consequences even though I know it will be hard. I don't want to do something I'll regret later on.
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katemckenzie
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:36 AM
In my state its 22 weeks.
katemckenzie
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:36 AM
In my state its 22 weeks.
TishHughes
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:46 AM
I don't know but 26 weeks? Why are you asking?
SpurgeonMom
by Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:49 AM
1 mom liked this
i heard 24 Weeks. look up Amelia Taylor. an amazing story about a baby born at 21 Weeks and she is now 5 years old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LuvMyZBoy
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:27 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm so sorry that you are facing this type of inappropriate pressure and am glad to hear that you've chosen to keep your baby - for your sake as well as his or hers. Abortion does involve significant risks for you and as was pointed out, with medical technology, babies born at 26 weeks and even earlier are able to survive and grow, which says a lot. There is some good info I've found here: http://optionline.org/abortioneducation.

It sounds like you may need to set some physical and emotional boundaries in your relationship with BD. Get some folks in your corner who will be there to support you thru the rest of your pregnancy, delivery and new motherhood. You can do this. Stay strong!

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:53 AM
7 moms liked this

If you do not want to abort and he is putting this pressure on you, maybe you should cease contact with him since he already has other plans for his life, that do not include you and the baby. 

enaih
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 4:55 PM

My honest opinion I don't think you should get abortion unless you really want to. Having an abortion can cause you to have deep depression and regrets. If he dont want to be part of the babies life than its his lost. believe me I know i went through the same thing with the suppose to be father of my daughter and I'm nineteen. Its hard but its worth it.

Blah-a-dee
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:07 PM
2 moms liked this

Anything in life can cause deep depression and regrets. 

Quoting enaih:

My honest opinion I don't think you should get abortion unless you really want to. Having an abortion can cause you to have deep depression and regrets. If he dont want to be part of the babies life than its his lost. believe me I know i went through the same thing with the suppose to be father of my daughter and I'm nineteen. Its hard but its worth it.

Blah-a-dee
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:09 PM

I know here its 22 weeks also. Do not have an abortion if you dont want to. 

chirpymama87
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:27 PM
5 moms liked this
Good for you for not wanting to MURDER another human being!

Avoid him. Ignore him. Erase him. That EX needs to get axed from your lives.

Fukk him and his ignorant self loathing ways.

And remind yourself.... EVERY child is a BLESSING! NOT A CONSEQUENCE!!!!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)