Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey ladies. So I am far in my pregnancy I'm 26 wks and baby daddy is nuts. He still wants me to abort but of course I'm not doing it. Me and him been having problems and I will be a single mom. He's still trying to convince me to abort more like pressuring me cause he doesn't want this kid and he is leaving out of the country for more than 5 yrs. He just doesn't want to be a father and think the baby wil be a problem. I don't care what he says or thinks yeah he's right I'm young I'm 20 but I won't throw my baby life away. My question is what is the latest you can be to have an abortion? and can't the mother be in risk too? I live in Illinois and no I'm not aborting my baby I'm facing my consequences even though I know it will be hard. I don't want to do something I'll regret later on.
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 2:34 AM
Replies (31-36):
Ihold8Stars
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:00 AM
IL is 24 weeks I believe. You can call Women's health center in Chicago.. the one that does abortions is Located on elston off cicero just look for a crowd they get picket alot but they do late term BUT the one that's similar name on Cicero right around the corner from the abortion clinic go there if you wanna keep your baby they will help you so much!!!! I went there by mistake when I got prego with my first. .. was best Mistake I ever made =) Goodluck remember its your body not his!
flaquitabss
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 3:09 AM

You are such a brave woman!  I applaud you.  There should be more, many more women like you, who would rather choose life for their baby than making a jerk happy.  Let me tell you something.  Yous situation isnt easy, but I see you have the determination to move forward, and Im pretty sure you are going to do it!  Remember to take advantage of many resources around you.  Some pregnancy emergency centers, offer, free diapers, free formula, clothes and toys for your baby, as well as parenting classes, and newborn care classes.   If you are low income you can also apply for WIC since right now, so your nutrition is better.  As well as medical.   I really really wish you the very best!!  One day, you are going to be so happy when you hear a little voice calling you "Mommy"  

easinpc
by Gold Member on Jun. 19, 2013 at 7:29 AM
Hugs
starry_mom
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 8:03 AM
If he's not on the birth certificate, and not in the picture, then its none of his business what you do with your and your child's life... Of course having a child young isn't easy, especially alone, but I'm a single mom, got pregnant at 19, had another baby at 25, there are no 'fathers' in the picture, and I'm in the process of getting my masters degree... My point is, you can do it, its a tough road for sure, but the love is worth it, and you can still pursue your dreams, even if it takes you longer to achieve them!
MommaH4
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Well, i know someone who had her baby very early at 21 weeks and her daughter is alive and well and 3 years old. even though you can abort unto 22 weeks in some states. some are 24. think about that. 21 weeks. and her baby is still alive.

jak3739
by on Jun. 19, 2013 at 11:35 AM

My first advice is find a good crisis pregnacy center that supports moms who chose to keep their babies, not a pregnancy center that does abortions.  You will find much more support at the first one.  I would say that you need to break ties with the father, as hard as that may seem.  He doesn't want to be responisble and if he starts to threaten you more, it could be dangerous for you and the baby.  Late term abortions are risky for the mother and at your week may already be illegal.  If you need extra help, please message me.  I am in another state, but beong to a network of professionals that help women in need.  We can see how we can help.  Good for you for doing the right thing and making the hard decisions.  God bless you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)