Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Single Moms Single Moms

I just don't understand him?..why can't I stop trying to figure him out!

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:48 AM
  • 7 Replies
So I don't know why I did it..I try to be the bigger person and sent my ex husband a happy fathers day text with pic of our daughter even though he hasn't seen her in almost a year no text, calls, or visitation request. For some reason he text back and stated "thank u my beautiful daughter I miss and love u so much"...first off she's 1 1/2 he knows who sent it .it just really irritating he doesn't care. I'm amazed how can u ignore your child and show no appreciation for the person raising her and u don't care to see ur child. I know I'm being selfish and waiting for something ill never get just a thank u and I'm sorry for being a dick to you. I'm also afraid he will is just waiting for me to raise her and figure s eventually he will come around. He can't blame me I have never kept him from seeing her ..he's never asked! I jist don't know how to handle all the animosity towards him. I guess I just wished he would show he carred. He once told me "ill never appologize to you bucause I know that's what u want" why do I let him get to me why can't I just let him go...
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
brittybby2010
by Bronze Member on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Forget about him, Hun. Just like my baby daddy. Never asks to see her, but claims he loves her. If he loved her, he would have been there more often. He wouldn't dare let so much time go by without seeing her. In my honest opinion, he doesn't love her. 

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:08 AM

You really need to work on yourself and let it go. Let the space open up so he can atleast get connected to his daughter. 

TishHughes
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this
It's not about you, it's about your daughter. If he doesn't acknowledge you, fine. Life goes on. If he wants to ignore his child, you have every right to be upset but after a year? I wouldn't bother sending him anything b
steviechick
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Saturday was my daughter's 19th birthday.  She got nothing from her father.  He lives just 15 minutes away from our house with his tramp and their two kids.  He could have easily dropped a birthday card in my mailbox.  He didn't.  He decided to continue to be a deadbeat/loser and louse for a father.  So, on Father's Day he got nothing in return.  Why should he?  He's verbally abused his own child, walked out on her life and could care less if she's being fed, has a roof over her head or is generally happy.  Screw him!  

Father's Day should be celebrated for and with MEN who actually ACT LKE MEN and FATHERS.  It's up to your ex to be a father and not you to remember that day for him.  If he doesn't care about his own flesh and blood it's time to forget about him.  Yesterday, I spent the entire day with my daughter doing the same things we normally do on Sunday's - doing laundry and cooking a meal together.  Life is too short to worry about and care about someone that could give two cents for you or his own kids.  Next year take the kids out for ice cream and celebrate another day of being a wonderful parent to your kids.

mammabear5150
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank u ladies. .all ur strength & support is amazing!...I appreciate all the advice and pray that ur caring words keepe me strong for my daughter and myself so I can be the best mom she can have!!!.yall are right....the hell with him!
ROBIN-C
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:11 AM
1 mom liked this

You feel bad for your daughter. You want her father to love her... To want to see her. You love her so much that you can't understand how he can live without her.

in a way she is lucky she is so young. She doesn't know her dad isn't around. It will likely suck later on but for now she doesn't know. Just be sure to raise her strong and independent and knowing she is loved!

enaih
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 11:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Its time for you too take your emotions out of it. Its bout your daughter regardless of what he does your her mom and she needs you more. My grandmother always said mamas baby daddy's maybe. I always took it as regardless of what he does my baby is always going too with me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN