Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A child is touching my child inappropriatly down there...

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:56 PM
  • 5 Replies

Right so basically my son is 6 years old. I have a good friend that I call up to for a chat like once a week. She has a 6 year old son aswell so when we are talking, we let the two kids go off and play.

My son and I were up at her house today and this evening during dinner my son started crying and said that the boy pulled his pants down and touched his private. My son said he didnt want to but the boy said it was ok and also he said not to tell anyone.

I just want opinions on what the next step for me should be? I feel as though I need to talk to my friend about this and bring it to her attention. I am worried that her son may been molested and perhaps her son trying to touch my son on his privates is an acting out thing because of the abuse.

Its awkward for me because Im thinking it could just be curiousity for her kid but aswell I feel its better to be safe that sorry and bring it to her attention.

Has anyone else experiance with a situation like this..could it be curiousity?

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Caramelsmoothie
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 6:29 PM
3 moms liked this
Your first step should be to talk to your son and begin teaching him never to allow anyone to touch him there. Second, approach your friend with calmness and sincerity. She may be unaware that somthing has happened even with "curiousity". Children must be re-directed when this happens and this is great communication that will last a lifetime.

woodstock525
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I would both talk to your son about how to handle this should it ever happen again.  And, I would suggest that you contact your friend about what happened as well.  This happened with my daughter and her best friend when they were in preschool.  Theirs was just normal curiousity as the friend had gotten a doctor kit for her birthday and they were playing.  Still, when I discovered it, I talked to the other mom and we just always kept the girls in our sights from then on.

just4ds10ee
by Bronze Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 7:57 PM

I have never experienced that with my daughter...but I have taught her since she was 18 months old that NO ONE is to touch her down there!!! She has dressed herself since 1year old and potty trained...so I told her no one has any reason to touch or see her privates.... she knows the anatomical/medical terms too...  it bothers me that the other child said it's" Ok and DO NOT TELL anyone".... maybe I am over reacting but that does not sound like something a 6 year old would come up with...I would talk with your friend about it

monicas3w
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:33 PM

I don't think it's curiosity because the other boy told him not to say anything and it's what an abuser would say so YES I would talk to your friend. If your son did that wouldn't you want to know? I know my niece and her cousin ( boy and girl ) looked at each others privates for curiosity but no one touched. When the parents found out they said okay now you know and I hope you got it out of your heads and no more pulling down pants in front of each other and they never did. Then both parents had the sex talk with them and they were about the same age 6. They briefly went over why there are differences. But I think as awkward as it may be, say something

Maevelyn
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 9:01 PM

You need to be really calm and state everything as facts. Tell her you wanted to let her know because it's probably nothing but curiosity but with this crazy world she'll probably want to look into it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)