Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Exchanging Kids and SO's

Posted by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:10 PM
  • 13 Replies

My ex has a gf that is along for the ride many times when we exchange DD. New GF won't look at me, give a polite wave or anything. She has spoken to me twice, both times were when his parents were there and I initiated the greeting. Is this super rude behavior or am I being too sensitive?

by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Barblicious
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Have you waved or said hello first?

Yes, it is rude, but she is clearly not comfortable with you, or mature enough to handle the situation.

virginiamama71
by Carrie on Jun. 17, 2013 at 7:18 PM

I would say Hi each time, see how it goes.  

woodstock525
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 9:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I would kill her with kindness and just be polite. 

MIMIBRIE
by on Jun. 17, 2013 at 11:51 PM
My kids stepmom does it too. But we don't need to speak so I'm ok with it. I'd start saying hi first every time you see her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ROBIN-C
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:03 AM

I'm sure she is nervous. Just try to have simple talk with her. She might be scared of you.

when I first met my bf ex I was terrified. Felt like she was judging everything about me. How I dressed and what I said. Etc. I'm sure she was to an extent and rightfully so since I am around her daughter.... But I'm sure she wasn't judging as much as I imagined, lol,!

DieselsMom
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 6:28 AM
1 mom liked this

You don't know what he has said to her, or WHY she doesn't say anything...say hi, play nice, and move on

krisnkids
by Gold Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 8:00 AM

My once good friend won't even come out of the car! I have no idea if she is ashamed, thinks I'm rude (yeah, like I care) or what. One time ex brought his grandma-in-law with him, needed an extra driver, and it was soooooo funny. He had gma-in-law and his 2 yo daughter. I started by joking with the 2 yo that if she got mad at her brother (my 15 yo) to pull the hair on his legs, she promptly tried which had gma laughing. I started chatting with gma and at first she was very reserved like she didn't like me then she gave up and started chatting.

steviechick
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 10:33 AM

It's not rude behavior.  She's the new woman in your ex's life.  She probably feels uncomfortable around you being the first in your ex's life.  I wouldn't go out of my way to be nice to her.  It's not like you have to.  She's just your ex's gf.  No need to be friendly to her and no need to be concerned about her being nice to you. 

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:25 PM
How is your relationship w the ex? Of it is not good she probably wants to stay out of it. I guess the best way for her to do so would be not to go along, though. Lol
Bero2007
by on Jun. 18, 2013 at 12:39 PM

she probably has no idea how to act around you. I know my ex's gf wants to talk to me but I refuse to talk to her right now. My ex pretty much started going out with her the day we split so I have no respect for her not giving things time to cool down. she jumped on him like she owned him.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)